- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay so this chapter is mainly centered around Pam and Roy. Don't worry, nothing bad. Just some background story.
Hope you like!
Soul mate:
Your Soul mate understands and connects with you in every way and on every level, which brings a sense of peace, calmness and happiness when you are around them.

“So...Did Jim call?” Pam looked up from her plate towards her mother

“No, he didn’t... but I’m sure his probably busy or something like that.” She replied.

“Don’t worry pumpkin; I’m sure he’ll call.”

“Who’s Jim?” Pam father asked

“This guy that Pam met yesterday at the hospital, apparently he is quite the catch!” Pams Mom Helene said.

“A guy you say? Go Pam! Is he hot?” Pam’s sister Penny said.

Pam sighed

“Yes Penny, he was hot and Mom it has only been one day and he was in a hospital bed for a reason, so maybe he is busy with surgery, or tests and things.”

“Wait. So he is a patient at the hospital?”
“Yes Penny. Why?”

“Well just saying, you could at least pick a guy who isn’t a walking parasite.”

“Shoosh Penny. Pam he will call.” Helene said.

“Thanks mom. Now can we stop talking about it so I can eat my dinner?”

“Yes sorry love.” Helene replied.

Silence fell at the dinner table, before Penny started conversation up again.

“So dad how is your wound?” Pam dropped her fork on her plate.

“Really Penny, while we are eating?” Pam asked.

“Wow, look whose little miss grouchy tonight!” Penny said.

“Shut up!” Pam whined

“You shut up!” Penny replied back

“Right you two stop that right now or you’re not getting any pie!”

“Helene c’mon, they’re not twelve” Pam’s father said

“Well then why are they bickering like they are?”

Helene had her angry face on now.

Pam’s father turned to Penny and her with a stern expression.

“Girls, shut it.”

Helen sighed and started to clear the table while Penny and Pam just giggled to themselves.

***

Pam was drying the dishes when her phone started to ring.

“Oh, hang on Penny, I’ll be quick.”

Pam didn’t recognize the number, so she thought it was Jim.

“Hi this is Pam.”

“PAM!” Pam sighed and went outside for more privacy, it was definitely not Jim.

“What do you want Roy?”

“I’m out with some of the guys and thought you might want to come out! It’ll be fun we can get drunk and take shots!”

“I think you sound drunk enough already Roy.”

“C’mon Pammy I miss you, please come out”

“Roy, I don’t know how many times I have to tell you this, but WE ARE NOT TO-GETH-ER ANY-MORE.”
It was like talking to a two-year old Pam thought.


“How could you give up on us Pam? We were together for 6 years!”

“Roy you cheated on me! And I can’t be with someone who takes our relationship for granted like that. I’m leaving Roy. Goodbye.”

“Pammy please don’t hang up!”

“Roy if you try to call me one more time, or come anywhere near my house. I will call the cops.”

“Jeez Pammy don’t get so mean, I just love you so much.”

“Goodbye Roy!” Pam shut her phone and took a long; much needed breath of fresh air.

Pam finally came back inside to find her parents and sister looking at her strangely.

“Who was that?” Helene asked

“No one.” Pam walked back over to the wet dishes and started to dry.

“Was it Roy?” Penny then asked

Pam didn’t want to answer.

“Pam, was it Roy? Now Pam’s dad was in the conversation.

“Yes.”

Everyone let out a loud groan to the sound of Pam confirming that it was Roy.

“Pam you have to call the cops or something, this is just becoming ridicules! What has it been, like 7 months?” Penny said.

“It’s okay; he is just dealing with it, I did end a 6 year relationship.”

“But Pam he cheated on you, not to mention the way he treated you also. You did nothing wrong by ending it.” Helene said walking over to Pam.

“Guys, it’s okay, I’m okay and it hasn’t been that bad, only a couple of calls every now and then.”

“Pam it has not just been a couple every now and then and why the hell are you defending him anyways?” Penny said

“Look I can handle it.”

Pam went over to the dining table to grab her bag

“Thanks Mom for the lovely dinner and you look great Dad.” Pam kissed her parents goodbye.

“Pam please don’t leave, we’re just looking out for you.” Bill said

“I know Dad, I just have alot of stuff I need to do and I’m kind of tired.”

Pam was nearly out the door when she heard her Mom say something

“Pam we know you’re lying to us!”

“I know!” Pam called back

***
Pam was lying in bed that night wondering if Roy would ever get over her; it had been 7 months since she broke it off. It wasn’t hard for Pam to get over Roy, the minute she walked into their apartment and saw Roy and some girl having sex in their bed, her feelings for him just washed away.

At first Pam was angry. What kind of stupid idiot has sex with another woman in the bed him and his fiancé share? Not to mention the fact that Pam told him she would be home late, when does that ever work?

Then Pam came to realise that their relationship just didn’t work and she was glad she caught him. Because Roy used to treat Pam like crap, always get drunk and make a fool of him-self in front of their families, co-workers or even total strangers! Roy also never took an interest in Pam’s drawings and paintings; he told her they were just hobbies and will never get her anywhere in life, so she should just give up it all together.

Pam started to think back when Roy asked Pam to marry him on her 20th birthday, she said yes. Pam said yes because then she actually loved Roy, believed in soul-mates and thought it was what you were supposed to do.

They started dating in high school, both 17, young and in love. All Pam’s life she believed in soul-mates, the person you can’t get enough of and want to spend every waking moment with. When Pam met Roy, she thought he was the one.

That’s why when it started going down-hill between them, Pam stopped believing and started to think that it would be nearly impossible to find ‘The one’ out of the billions of people who lived on this earth. She thought you just find someone and try your hardest to make it work with them. That’s why Pam stayed with Roy until the very last straw, thinking that’s what you had to do.
After Pam broke up with Roy she decided to follow her dreams, or like Roy liked to put it her ‘Time wasting hobbies' Pam enrolled into a 3 months graphic design course at Pratt in New York. It changed Pam’s life completely and gave her a new side of life she hadn’t ever experienced before.

Of course at the age of 23 Pam didn’t have a whole lot of life experience under her belt. New York also helped her become more independent and also learn to cook for one.
Pam also started believing again. She did some serious thinking and came to the conclusion that Roy was never her soul-mate; he was just one of Pam’s loves. Pam loved Roy for sure, but not the way soul mates do. Sometimes Pam liked to have the house to her, without Roy or his poker buddies.

Maybe Pam’s soul-mate was still out there...
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to those who have reviewed!


PopcornBox is the author of 0 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans