- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This contains what some people (if they've been living under a rock) might consider a spoiler. So be warned.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

It had been almost two months since the Stamford branch merged with the Scranton branch. It had been three and a half weeks since Pam pulled Jim into the stairwell and told him that she loved him, and that the previous months without him had been some of the worst of her life. And it had been three weeks since Pam and Jim had started dating but kept it a secret from the rest of the office.

It was a Monday morning, and things were quiet around the office. Pam saw Jim glance up at her a few times within a couple of minutes, and in order to not make it obvious to everyone else in the office, she took a few moments before she glanced back at him. When she met his eyes, he motioned to the kitchen with a slight jerk of his head, and then got up and casually walked through the door. She counted to ten in her head before following, bringing her purse with her so that in case anyone asked her, she'd have a prop for some kind of excuse- like freshening up her make-up... or something. She pushed through the door and found him by himself, leaning back against the counter near the sink.

"Dwight keeps staring at my neck," he said.

"Maybe he's a vampire."

"Well, I wouldn't really be that surprised, but no, Pam. I think he can see it." he pointed to a spot below his ear.

"Let me see." Pam looked around to make sure no one was watching, and she walked up to him, stood on her tip-toes, and pulled his collar away from his neck a little. "Well, it does peek out from the top a little." She ran her finger lightly over the reddish-purpleish mark on his neck. But you really have to be looking for it to notice.

"Why did you have to give me a hickey there, where everyone could see it?" he whispered, looking around to make sure no one could hear him.

Pam giggled at his modesty. "I didn't do it on purpose. Your neck just tasted extra good there in that little spot," she whispered and watched the blush rise in his face.

He cleared his throat after a second. "Damn, I wish we had a supply closet in this place. The supply shelves in the middle of the office don't give nearly enough privacy."

She laughed, and now it was her turn to blush. After a second, she looked around to make sure no one was coming, and then grabbed his hand, pulling him into the Ladies' Room.

"Um, Pam? In the Ladies' Room? Don't people come in here kind of often?"

She looked at him confused for a moment, and then it dawned on her the last thing he'd said before she'd dragged him in there. She slapped him lightly on the arm and giggled. "No, Jim! I was going to help you cover that up so you're not trying to pull your head into your shoulders all day trying to hide it."

"Oh." he blushed and shrugged at her. "Sorry."

She smiled as she rifled through her purse. She pulled out a small bottle of liquid concealer.

"I didn't think you used that stuff."

"I don't usually. Just if I have as nasty zit or something that I want to cover up." She reached for his tie and loosened it a little, and then unbuttoned the top button of his shirt. As she did so, she felt him swallow thickly. She suppressed a smile at his reaction as she opened the bottle and poured a drop of the concealer onto her finger.

Then she noticed how much darker his skin is than hers. "Oh..."

"What?"

"This might be too light for you... but we'll try it anyway..." she dabbed the makeup onto the purple mark on his neck. It actually concealed it pretty well, made it less noticeable, at least. She held his shirt away from it and stepped back another foot to study her work.

"Mm." she made an approving sound, and then blew on the makeup to make sure it was dry before she put his collar back against it. At the sensation of her breath on his neck, he shivered a little, and reached out to bring her towards him.

"Thanks," he said softly.

"Mm-hm." she streched forward to place a light kiss on his lips, but he had a different idea, bringing his hands to her face and kissing her more fervently.

And then the door opened, and they were caught. By Phyllis.

Jim and Pam stood there staring for a second, frozen in place, their bodies still up against each other's, Jim's hands around Pam's face, eyes wide like they'd just been caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

"Ooh! I'm so sorry!" Phyllis could barely hide a smile as she backed out of the bathroom.

As the door banged shut, Pam dropped her head to Jim's chest, laughing a little. "Well, I guess it's not a secret anymore."

fin.



PuffingNoise is the author of 41 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked Cover Up also liked 2157 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans