- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Jim pretended to be interested in the quarterly reports he was filling out, which was pretty impossible. He was really listening to Roy tease Pam about her nails. He scribbled some more nonsense on the paper in front of him as he eavesdropped.

“Roy, I just thought it was a nice color.” Pam whispered, looking down at her desk.

“Yeah, that's not your color, Pam. Not at all.” Roy chuckled. “Make sure you get that goop off before tonight, babe. See ya.” Roy swaggered out the door.

Jim looked over at Pam. She glanced up at him, looking forlorn. He tapped his pen on his desk a few times before dropping it and standing up.

“Hey.” He said, smiling. “So, how's Roy?”

“Oh, fine. He was just dropping by to tell me to pick up some potatoes for dinner tonight.” She replied in a way too perky voice. “Hey, did you see this?” She picked up her mouse pad. “It's new. I got it yesterday.”

“That looks... like Dwight. Wow.” Jim looked horrified.

Pam giggled. “It does! Look at his little cartoon glasses! They're exactly like Dwight's!” She said, pointing.

“Wow. Why... why would you want something like that?” He said, tilting his head to the side and widening his eyes.

She gave the look right back to him. “Because, see. I can roll the mouse over him and pretend like it's a steam roller. See, it's crushing little Dwight.” She moved the mouse over the pad. “Ahh, ahh, save me!” She said in a tiny voice. She laughed, and put her hand to her mouth.

Jim looked at her eyes brighten as she laughed. His heart seemed to grow a size bigger. “Very nice. Hey, what's that?” He gestured to her hand. “You never wear nail polish.”

Pam's smile faded. “Oh, I just got bored last night when Roy was out.” She said, shaking her head. She folded her hands in her lap.

“Let me see, it looks nice.” Jim gently picked up her arm and took her hand in his.

Pam fidgeted in her chair. “The color is called Peachy Keen.” He loved the way her mouth looked when she said 'keen'.

His smile widened. “Really? Wow. Who gets the job of naming these colors, I wonder? Peachy Keen.” He realized he was holding her hand quite firmly. Her skin was really smooth. He coughed and let go.

Pam smiled, holding her hands out in front of her to inspect her nails. “I like the name. I don't think it would sell well if they called it like, Orange Mold.”

Jim laughed. “No, probably not, huh?” He hit the counter a few times, backing away towards his desk. “Well, I've always loved the color peach.” He said seriously, and then gave her a big grin.

She smiled back. She looked down at the blinking light on the phone as it rang. The sound of her smile was on her voice as she answered the phone. “Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam.”


katrina87 is the author of 14 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Peachy Keen also liked 214 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans