- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Set during the Merger,  Reviews more than welcome!
Well I tripped, and I fellInto a hole I know so well,And I don't think I'll beLeaving for a while.And this lump beneath my skinIs a hole I let you inAll it took was justYour red-lip biting smile.

It was the smile.  Jim was strong.  He had moved on; accepted that she only thought of him as a friend.  He started dating Karen.  He came back to Scranton a changed man.  He walked into the office.  He saw her smile.  He had to remind himself to breathe.

How could she have this effect on him?  It wasn't fair.  He had moved on.  Why did she have to smile?

Damn, damn, damnI love youLike the stars That shine above youLike the groundThat you're laying onWhile looking up at me. 

Pam hugged Jim, breathed in his smell, never wanted to let go.  She had a plan.  She rehearsed what she would say.  she asked him to coffee so she could say it--"I'm in love with you too." 

When he told her he was dating someone else, she never even missed a beat.  "We're friends.  We'll always be friends."  She wasn't sure why she said itShe knew that it was true.  But it wasn't good enough.  She wanted to be...more than that.  God, karma sucked.

Chapter End Notes:
Song:  "Taste Of Red" by Butch Walker and the Let's Go Out Tonights, on the album of the same name (I think).


MrsLloyderineHalpert is the author of 12 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked JAM according to Butch Walker also liked 21 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans