- Text Size +
Story Notes:
My husband has been fascinated by Karen's mind space since I have written about Jim and Pam in my other story. Though This one is going to be more like sequential one-shots than a story.
Author's Chapter Notes:

While I am still working on the update on the next chapter of my fic- I wish you would, this is just something running in my head which I though might as well post. Probably this will declutter my mind to work upon my debut story.

Disclaimer: Office and its characters are properties of their creator  and I have no claim whatsoever in how Awesome it is.


                                                            Chapter 1- The Risks

 

 

She is not risk aversive. She takes pride in the idea that she is risk calculative. She didn't drop the idea of Scranton when she heard of the merger. She carefully contemplated whether this is a good move, considering she had never heard of the town until the announcement of transfer of assistant manager from there.


 Yes Jim's nudge just affirmed her plans. She knew she could continue to build on her professional competence and this could be the interim until she is ready for a higher title.


There must be some lacking with respect to her experience that interfered with her getting the assistant regional manager title before Jim took it over. She wasn't pleased at the news that time but he has started to grow on him. If she is completely honest with herself, he seems to be her latest crush and she is optimistic to turn it into more.


It was pretty interesting what happened that night he dropped the very drunk Jim at his place. He kissed her with passion while she was just going for “Good night, see you tomorrow”. It's not like she minded but he didn't say anything the next day and she is not the type of girl who clings to drunk kisses and overanalyzes. While he didn't say anything, he acted more pleasant and if she could say... flirty... with her. But nothing concrete to say for sure but you never know right. She won’t throw away the professional ‘decorum’ because she is well.. .may be a bit ..smitten. 


She is now looking forward to the move now. There seems to be interesting prospects. She can make more friends, work her way up in corporate and maybe something more can happen in... relationship arena.


There is obviously stress of moving two states down from home, to this new place she has never heard of, and all these new people and potential competition at the new office. And there will be Jim who thinks it's not that bad there. And she feels he seems to be worth the risk to try this new.


Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is precious and I am going to request, like usual, to R&R to each of you who feels this little thing has potentials to be more. 

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans