- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
After getting so much encouragement from my fellow writers and reviewers, here is the next one to delve more into what Karen's brain saw in Jim. 

                                                                     Chapter - 2  'J' for JINX

                                          

She didn't believe in the superstitions. But after Jason and John, she can't help but wonder if Jim is also like those guys who were threatened by her ambition. Who would want to act more like a woman than a professional. 

Who wouldn't appreciate how straight forward she is. Who was commitment phobic to the point that she had to set up dinner dates and movies each time. And move things at an excruciating slow pace because they can't decide what they want in the relationship and keep fighting her for control.


Jim seems different. He is good at what he does, made it to A.R.M already and didn't mind working extra hard. She remembered how he would stay until later and would first to sign up for new assignments Josh would ask for. He did seem to be a kiss-ass earlier but now she knows he is funny and sweet and looks like he is into her too. And him being so tall and handsome isn't a bad thing either. It's not  strange that he wants to keep the relationship a little hush since he doesn't want to become part of gossip. Who would want to be the topic of discussion among this group of crazies. She still can't believe that Michael Scott turned out to be a real person and not just a figment of Josh's imagination when he was recollecting those ridiculous stories from their company convention.


She is anyway not one of those who likes to parade her boyfriend around to people, mentioning them in every other conversation. That's Phyllis' style, definitely not hers. She keeps it simple and quiet, and Jim prefers it too. They aren't hiding, they are just keeping it low key which makes sense.


And it's not like people don't know. Pam does and she has seen them exchanging gifts and the warm hug and looks like understood what it is, unlike Kelly who is a bit...Loud. Pam didn’t ask anything and just smiled which seemed a bit tight, which In her Karen’s opinion is way better than Angela’s scowl and Meredith’s raised eyebrows. 


Pam turned out to be the normal one of the lot. Karen was glad she partnered with her for the Christmas Party, it was so much fun to finally loosen up a bit and putting Angela in her place was a nice bonus too. She even helped her with Jim's situation and now her dorky boyfriend (if she could call him that) isn’t freaking out anymore and she will have a place which doesn’t smell like hotel laundry. Guess she has really made it work, she is doing well in sales, has a steady going relationship and perhaps made a friend too.


Chapter End Notes:
This one may appear to some as stark contrast to Jim's actual character but I do feel that Karen saw him like this before missile named Pam fell on their lil bubble. I am going to make another lame request for R&R since I am a super sucker for feedback. 

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans