- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It is different from what I had in mind. It's shorter but I hope it captures the essence of Karen's feelings.

Chapter -4 It was coming 


The party was fun, well almost fun because Jim didn’t like her prank as much. Which is so weird because he is a self -proclaimed prankster and yet he didn’t find it funny. Well it was probably because he is not the jealous type. Karen has to work on her jokes, since her boyfriend wasn’t laughing much these days. But on a brighter side, he managed to hang out with the CFO, and that was the perfect part of the night. The ambition and aspiration, that’s what Karen lived for.


In other news, Pam’s boyfriend of 4 months attacked Jim. And Jim was upset but didn’t want to press charges and everyone in the office looks amazed at the turn of events but nobody felt how Bizarre it was. She had heard enough people gossiping about how sad it is that Roy went crazy on Jim, but nobody seems to talk about why exactly he would do that?? Jim was not cheating on me with Pam, damn he barely looked at her and yet, here we are.


It’s like being in the twilight zone. She is present right there but still not part of the reality of this place. It’s like there is always something going on and she just can’t pinpoint what it is and why. 

 


She isn’t stupid. She knows Jim underplayed his whole “thing” about Pam. If an ignorant and slow person like Kevin has noticed Jim, making rounds at Pam’s desks for hours, and what did he say..? For years, yes, clearly there was more to the story. And that whole Michael fiasco, man that guy just can’t quit it. But she has to be a bit grateful for those Victoria Secrets indulgence. That was a nice weekend and it was their 6 months mark, working together in world of nutcases. There’s a new circus everyday.


 And the other day quite literally, he was ready to jump off the roof. Well honestly, in that moment even Karen was secretly hoping he does and perhaps then she would know that it’s not a dream and things would make real sense. Well that didn’t happen and that’s a nice thing she reckons but what did happen was after weeks of being strangers, these two standing too close, talking too low and ceasing the day by rescuing their idiot of the boss. It’s not like she is mad at them for working out a way to get Michael down, it’s just the ease with which they executed it. She can’t ignore how they exchanged barely few words but worked together so smoothly, like they were on it from the beginning. She can’t believe that of all the things, this is what she envied the most- their ease. Something she had been trying to feel with him since...well to be honest, since the beginning of their ‘relationship’. 


And she soon learned the big painful secret. Finally, the layers of this convoluted story of Jim and his past with Pam unveiled.


And Pam turned out to be real bitch after all. Karen was never threatened by this plain and basic girl but she has to give it to her, she turned out to be more than that. She called off her wedding ??? and she has decided to tell him this now ?? Why now ?? and why in front of everyone ?? and her !!!! Why does everyone at this place make a big show of every little thing? God she needs a drink. 


And why does Jim has to be the reason, out of all the other reasons she had. She saw them hugging and he said that they are friends and she supportively smiled. So why does he look so lost and confused? She had to do something before...before she lose her sanity in this madhouse. Karen is many things but not a person who would give up without a fight.


Chapter End Notes:

One more to go from here. I am super excited. It's going to be posted on Monday :)

Keep the love flowing people. Loving the feedback so far, you all are sweethearts. 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans