- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I imagine Pam's even more nervous than I am...

 Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Rhythm

 

Pam had tried to sleep, but her body had betrayed her. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow raced across her skin and echoed with her pulse (cool, empty sheets, a lonely extra pillow).

 

She sprang from her bed long before her alarm sounded. Today, today, today, today, blazed out through her cheeks and shook her nervous hands as she showered (tingling, naked, wet skin) and dressed (special care) and fixed her hair (soft, ready to be touched).

 

She arrived at the office too early. When, when, when, when, drummed along her fingers against the keyboard, the desk, the side of her teapot (a treasure, all she had that he’d touched besides herself).

 

Jim arrived. Yes, yes, yes, yes, bubbled up into her eyes and out through her smile (really you, finally you, only you, always you).

 

She wrapped her arms around him and wasn’t sure whose heartbeat she could feel. Home, home, home, home, home.


nqllisi is the author of 87 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked Rhythm also liked 918 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans