- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

He is ... so great

"Shhh. Don't say anything. Just ... think about it."

Pam watched Andy turn around, her eyes wide. Was he serious? I mean...

Suddenly, she noticed Andy pat Jim on the shoulder. A smile quirked up in the corner of her mouth.

Of course.

Jim turned around slowly, his eyes wide, a goofy half-smile on his face. He quickly looked at her. She grinned at him.

Of course.

Pam practically had to stop herself from running into the conference room. She got up from her desk slowly, watching him as she went over to the conference room. Pam swore that he winked at her right before she turned to go in. She sat down in one of the chairs against the window as Jack, one of the cameramen, adjusted the conference room camera. They kept it permanently set up in the conference room to record what they called "talking head" segments.

Pam felt herself bouncing up and down as she waited for Jack to finish. He nodded at her when he was ready. He didn't even have to say anything. "Wow," she said, grinning from ear-to-ear. "That was just ... wow."

Jack asked her if she knew it was a joke to begin with.

"Did I know that it was a prank? No. I just kept thinking, 'How could Andy be getting me so completely wrong?’ -- I didn't know what to say. And then, you know, I saw Andy pat Jim on the arm -- and then, you know, I knew that it was all Jim."

She paused for a minute, biting her lip. She shook her head. "I just... I mean, that was just great. He had everything -- the country music, Frisbee golf, hunting, cigars, pig latin? Jim must have written it down for him! And that Jim remembered all of that ..." She looked off into the distance, wistfully, her grin fading into a warm smile. "He is ... so great."

She thought for a moment, and smiled uncomfortably at the camera.

“He’s such a great friend.” Her smile turned into a half-frown just as she stood up.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans