- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

And everybody knows where this is heading
Forgive me for forgetting
Our hearts irrevocably combined
Star-crossed souls slow dancing
Retreating and advancing
Across the sky until the end of time

DeVotchKa, ‘Til the End of Time

 

 

I'm fairly certain no one has ever used the words irresistible and sombrero in the same sentence before.

 

But right now, the two seem inextricably intertwined.

 

I blame Dwight.

 

Andy.

 

And "The Universe."

 

Who knew tossing a cell phone in the ceiling and peering at the receptionist while Andy's voice "tweed lee dee deet-ed" through the office could feel so, damn good?

 

(I did.)

 

(Do.)

 

Seriously, Karen wouldn't help.

 

Ryan's... Ryan.

 

And something had to be done about Andy.

 

He was fishing for me.

 

Fish. Ing.

 

(This was not an excuse to be with Pam.)

 

(Really.)

 

It's just - no one really gets it, but her.

 

So, yeah, I could have been more sensitive about covert hand-offs by Karen's desk, or hanging with Pam by hole-punched drywall...

 

But she had on that hat and her eyes were shining and she thought we "broke his brain."

 

And I haven't laughed like that in a long time.

 

So...

 

(I didn't do it to be with Pam.)

 

But old habits die hard.

 

And now there's a sombrero in my trunk.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans