- Stories Allowed: Though MTT is primarily a Jim & Pam archive, we welcome stories of any genre featuring any Office characters and pairings.
- If your story is centered on a romantic pairing, MTT prefers canon pairings.
- Stories featuring non-canon pairings may be submitted, however they must be developed, well-written and believable. We also prefer stories with non-canon pairings to be completed stories.
- Any story with a non-canon pairing may be approved or declined at the admins' discretion.
- More information can be found in our FAQs
- Stories Not Allowed: While we welcome stories of any rating, stories with depictions of the following activities are not permitted: rape, bestiality, incest, sexual relationships between adults and minors, and promotion of illegal activities. We also do not allow Real Person Fiction (RPF) even if the person is visiting an alternate universe.
- All stories must be accompanied by a complete disclaimer. If a suitable disclaimer is not included, the site administrators reserve the right to add a disclaimer. We recommend adding something like following to your story notes (you do NOT need to add a disclaimer to every chapter, just to the story):
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
- You are required to select at least one category for your story. You may lose your work if you do not successfully select a category. Click here for category explanation and a written step by step guide on how to add them to your story. A step-by-step visual guide is also available.
- Please select one of the 2 main categories (Jim & Pam and Other) and at least 1 of the subcategories.
- Titles and summaries must use non-explicit and safe for work language. "Please read", "Untitled", etc. are also not acceptable titles or summaries. Summaries are expected to reflect the content of the story and are also expected to be concise.
- For technical reasons, please avoid ampersands (&) and accented letters in your story and chapter titles.
- Our goal is a site that showcases a variety of quality fic - you can help by checking your story carefully before submitting it. If you would like to work with someone to polish up your story (a beta-reader) check out our Beta-Reader program .
- Correct grammar and spelling are expected of all submissions to this site. The site administrators will request (by email) corrections in submissions with a multitude of grammar and/or spelling errors.
- Submissions should be properly formatted and relatively easy for users to understand. If a story is difficult to read due to improper formatting or an unintentionally confusing story line, we will request (by email) that the author make adjustments to their story.
- If a request to make corrections/adjustment is sent and no changes or unsatisfactory changes are made to the submissions within a week (7 days), administrators reserve the right to delete the story.
- Please take the time to add the appropriate Characters, Genres and Warnings to your story. On a desk/laptop, hold down the Ctrl/Cmd key when selecting to choose non-adjacent tags.
- Characters Tags that are "Name/Name" (ex. Jim/Pam) indicate a romantic pairing and that the pairing is being explored in some way in your story. Please make use of the available pairing tags
- If the two characters are in the story but no relationship is being explored between them, they should be tagged separately.
- All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings. We use the ratings system from fictionratings.com. Here they are (with their MPAA rating equivalent). If your story is multiple chapters, make sure your story rating matches your most explicit chapter.
- K : suitable for all ages, should be free of coarse language, violence, or adult themes. (G)
- K+ : suitable for ages 9+, may contain minor violent action and mild coarse language. Should not have other adult themes. (PG)
- T : suitable for ages 13+, with some violence, minor coarse language, and minor suggestive adult themes. (PG13)
- M : suitable for ages 16+ with non-explicit suggestive adult themes, some violence, or coarse language. (R)
- MA : Content is only suitable for mature adults. May contain explicit adult themes.(NC17)
- If you want to restrict your story to registered users only, select "Private" in the rating drop down. If you do select Private, please include a content rating of K to MA in the Summary.
- All stories with references to alcohol or drug-use must carry at least a T rating. In addition, all adult-rated stories (M or MA) are expected to have warnings.
- You must add any applicable Warnings to your story. Additionally if your story has sensitive or triggering content please include clear content/trigger warnings in your story notes. For more detailed information on the warnings used on the archive, visit this page
- The Administrators reserve the right to modify the categories/labels/tags on any story submitted to us should we determine anything is incorrect, inappropriate or missing.
- Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and never as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters.
- MoreThatThat does NOT tolerate plagiarism, do not attempt to add anything you did not write yourself! If we find or are presented with clear evidence of plagiarism, your stories will be deleted and your account will be banned.
- If you are submitting a crossover with a novel (or movie/show based on the novel) please check for the novel author on this list, and avoid any who are described as vehemently oppose to or known to take legal action against fanfiction based on their work.
- Since the show is finished, there's no need for spoiler warnings. However if your story does take place during a certain season or episode, we request you include which season/episode in your summary. This serves as a way to make your story more searchable and as a courtesy to readers who may have not gotten through all 201 epsiodes of The Office yet! Please specifically name the episode, ie: Set during The Pilot. not: Set during the one where Jim puts Dwight's stuff in jell-o.
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the site administrators and/or moderators. The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules as needed. Any questions can be directed to us via the contact form or to MTT.Fanfic@gmail.com
Updated April 30, 2017