- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

** The next two chapters are the last before I'm halted by the mini-hiatus! Grrrr...

 

Hey, you've got a lot of nerve to show your face around here.

Hey, you've got a lot of nerve to dredge up all my fears.

Better Than Ezra, Porcelain

 

 

The drive home was quiet, but he didn't mind.

 

He was actually a little relieved when Karen fell asleep, leaving him alone with his (torturous, conflicted, neverending) thoughts.

 

They swam and collided.

 

A mirage of faces and words and regrets, taunting him to the verge of a migraine.

 

It was then he'd finally made a list in his head (organized the chaos), now dubbed, Jim Halpert's Guide to A Night of Self-Sabotage (You Dumbass):

 

  1. Go to a work party.
  2. Go to a work party where both Michael and Dwight are in attendance.
  3. Imagine the looks you and Pam would share every time Dwight (or Michael) made an ass of himself in front of the CFO. So, often.
  4. Miss the point of girlfriend's joke.
  5. Not feel jealous (annoyed, yes) - or respond in manner expected - at context of said girlfriend's joke.
  6. Imagine Pam's face. Then.
  7. Wonder why Pam got back with Roy, while shooting hoops with CFO.
  8. Wish you were at Poor Richard's - just to see what they're all doing.
  9. Spend drive home from work party making lists of ways you are sabotaging yourself, and in doing so, further the destruction.
  10. And just to make it an even number: Imagine Pam's face. Even when you wish to God you couldn't.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans