- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

** I'm gonna go ahead and cop to this being a bit of a "filler" chapter. I wanted two POV's from Pam during Cocktails and with my alternating chapters, I had to have another Jim. So... I just imagine, at this point, he has to be exhausted with everything. Just like she is.

 

Round here she's slipping through my hands

Counting Crows, Round Here

 

 

1:03 a.m.

 

Greenish numbers glowed softly and blurred into the dashboard.

 

He let out a sigh, put the car in reverse, and drove the two blocks home.

 

Tomorrow, he'd have to have a discussion with Karen about why he'd dropped her off at the door with a distracted kiss on the cheek, uninterested in staying the night.

 

Tomorrow, he'd have to deal with this feeling, this lost feeling, again. The one he couldn't explain.

 

Tomorrow he'd have to think about his life, his relationship, her.

 

Right now, he wanted sleep.

 

Right now, he wanted escape.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans