- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Because you will finally know that
You were born to make me fight!

Lovedrug, Happy Apple Poison

 

She feels like she's in a boxing ring, wearing subtext for gloves. Words and glances - shrouded vaguely with another meaning - sit between them, as solid and real as Meredith.

 

Look, most relationships have their rough patches, you just have to push through it sometimes.

 

She knows what Karen wants her to hear...

 

"Pam, you're just a rough patch I'm pushing Jim through."

 

It's ridiculous, because she's certain Jim's moved on, given up, forgotten her. He's made it clear he wants to, but somehow, Karen's troubled eyes... they give her a little hope.

 

Maybe. But it sounds like you're just wrong for each other.

 

She doesn't fall down so easy anymore. Doesn't shy away. She knows Jim, gets him in a way no one else does... or will. She's not a vicious person, not one to step in when unwelcome, but she is someone who's learning to fight.

 

Still, maybe it's not a boxing match. Maybe it's a duel. There's swaggering and swordplay and before the real fight begins, there's a showdown.

 

Someone takes a stand.

 

She catches the elevator on purpose, proving a point to herself... and Jim and Karen, too. No one says a word. She turns her back to them both, as the grin spreads across her face.

 

It's time to be bold. Really, truly bold.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans