- Text Size +

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

If you wanna come in
You'll have to stretch my skin
If you wanna survive with those beautiful eyes
You'll have give in

--

You know I know you know that I need you
I know you know I  know that I want you
You know I know you know that I need you now
Oh now
You got it wrong, this isn't right
There's something beautiful that hasn't yet died...

Lovedrug, Bleed Together

 

She could, wanted, to be more, but no one was paying attention.

 

Every insult (unintentional or not) Michael shoved her way, every belittling comment, stacked itself in an increasingly defiant corner of her brain. One she couldn't trust to remain calm. To remain Pam.

 

It was awful, volatile, being invisible.

 

It was worse watching Jim with Karen, laughing and joking the way she - they - used to do. There was an excruciating bang in the center of her chest and, all at once, she recognized it as a more intense version of the dull thud she'd been feeling for weeks.

 

And suddenly, she was tired...

 

Of tabulating scores and taking notes while everyone else romped in the sand. Of sitting on the sidelines. Of waiting - watching - her chances fall away.

 

Watching him slip through her fingers.

 

Why hadn't she spoken up? Why wasn't she fighting harder? Why did she fear words when silence was so much more deadly?

 

Michael lit the fire and she felt herself begin to burn.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans