- Text Size +

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Would you believe me if I told you,

That I'm surfacing for, just one thieving moment,

To steal your heart?

Would you believe me if I told you, that fairy tales come true,

When I'm with you?

I'll free the one, who falls in love... again...

--

A girl, a boy, a hell.

Like thieves we are...

All in love, with stolen hearts.

And we all fall down,

And fall apart... for love.

Thieving, Lovedrug

 

Her chest rose and fell, just like it had for the last 27 years, but it seemed so much easier to breathe, to be. A grin turned the corners of her mouth and she wasn't sure why, considering...

 

There was a quote, about cleansing and purification by fire, and she finally understood what it meant. She'd walked through the blaze - literally and figuratively - and didn't see how she couldn't have come out changed. She wondered if it made her crazy, liking the heat.

 

Jim.

 

He was hers.

 

She wasn't sure he knew, whether he understood what it meant to be that person who coaxed another into the flames... and if he was never really, truly hers, in the way she'd always imagined, she had to at least let him know what he'd done.

 

These weren't things she thought as she spent days, weeks, months, years... wanting him. She didn't consider them as she darted across the coals. They lived in her moments, her thoughts and finally, when they had nowhere else to be, her words.

 

Jim, I called off my wedding because of you.

 

She hadn't been able to say that to Roy, to herself, and here she was, in front of a group of people she loved and hated all at the same time. Dwight, Creed, Phyllis. Karen. But everywhere she looked, she saw Jim.

 

You were my best friend before you went to Stamford. And I really miss you.

 

It was more than that. Always.

 

I shouldn't have been with Roy. And there were a lot of reasons to call off my wedding, but the truth is I didn't care about any of those reasons until I met you.

 

He'd made a final plea once.

 

This was hers.

 

It wasn't I love you. To her, it was bigger, wilder, stronger.

 

She heard someone coming toward her, shoes crunching the sand. She knew it was him, knew she'd say more. Truth was a drug and she kept digging in, loving how it felt leaving her lips.

 

He stood beside her, silent, watching like he'd never seen her before.

 

The water lapped over her toes and she squenched them in the sand, not feeling anything but free.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans