- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

* It's been a while. Sorry. I hate when stories I'm reading aren't updated, but I have an excuse - life. Got into a school program, have to move cross country with less than 3 weeks notice. It's been a little crazy.

** I expected to have more to say in this chapter, but somehow, it works for me in simplicity. Sorry if you wanted a bigger release.

*** I think maybe this is the last chapter. It just dawned on me it should be...

 

 

It was my turn to decide

I knew this was our time

No one else will have me like you do

No one else will have me, only you

Jimmy Eat World, 23

 

 

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

 

It's of those times. One of those rare times in life when he knows the answer without thinking.

 

Pam.

 

He walks out onto the sidewalk, New York closing in around him, and thinks maybe she's driven him crazy - crawled inside his brain like one of those parasites House would find and cure him of, so he could go on living like he did before...

 

Thing is, he can't remember much of what it was like before he knew her.

 

And he hates himself for even thinking that, because it's honestly the most clichéd thing he's ever thought (well, close anyway) in his life.

 

I just... I feel like I've never really... come back.

Well, I wish you would.

 

There's an office in New York and a job he knows he deserved, but there's a yogurt lid (no, it's a gold medal) in his bag and a girl he can't shake - doesn't want to.

 

What he wants to do is come back... so he opens the door.

 

Pam? Sorry... Um... are you free for dinner tonight?

Yes.

Alright. Then... it's a date.

 



tv_dream is the author of 5 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 17 members. Members who liked Growth Is An Erratic Forward Movement also liked 1637 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans