- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
And when we're dancing, it almost feels the same. I've got to stop myself from whispering your name.

“Just don’t puke on anything.” Karen runs around to the front of the car and gets in, clicking her seatbelt in. “You okay?”
“So good.” Jim answers from the back.
“Good.”
Andy had decided they were going to drink while they worked. Nice. Why did he do that again? He couldn’t remember… his head hurt.
Karen’s car jerked forward, and Jim slid back a little on the seat. His eyes closed. The next thing he knew, the car was stopping.
“We’re here!”
Jim opened his eyes, where was he? Oh yeah, Karen’s car… and alcohol…suddenly he felt kind of queasy thinking about it. He could smell the leather of the seat and his jacket, which smelled pretty horrible from sweating so much in it earlier. Jim sat up and put his hand through his hair and looked out the window. He wasn’t at his apartment. Karen turned around in the seat to look at him, “I didn’t know where you lived, so I just took you to my place. I hope that’s okay…”
“Uh, yeah. Yeah, sure.”
Karen seemed a little nervous. “I mean, you can just stay here a little while until you can ride your bike…or I’ll take you home or whatever. I mean… ya know. Just whatever you want to do is fine.”
Jim smiled. “Think you.”
“Think you? Wow. Apparently, you’re still pretty drunk”.
Jim laughed. “Maybe, just a little… But, no seriously. I’m not that drunk”.
“Sure you’re not.”
Karen walked Jim up to her door, where she fumbled with the keys a minute before opening the door. Her house smelled nice, like those candles that you get at Barnes and Noble. Wait.. Bath and..Noble. God, maybe he was a little bit more drunk than he thought.
“First, let’s get you some food to sober you up a little. I mean do you want me to take you home later, or are you going to ride that awesome bike home? Did it come with a basket and training wheels? Or just the basket?”
“The training wheels I took off last week.”
Karen laughed. She opened the refrigerator and looked inside.
Maybe it was the alcohol, but he couldn’t help but notice how amazing her body was. Her black tailored pants clung to her long legs and her blouse pulled up a little so he could see the dimples in her lower back muscles. Karen looked back at him. Jim looked away fast, hoping she didn’t see him staring.
“I have jell-o, strawberries, key lime pie, and some… chinese food. I actually have no idea how long that’s been in there so…”
“Wow. So many choices. I’m gonna go with the key lime.”
“Good choice. I made it myself.”
“So, great choice.”
Jim realized he was still standing in the doorway of the kitchen and walked toward the living room and sat down on the couch. He leaned back into the cushions and let his muscles relax. Karen’s living room was tidy and very girly, which was surprising considering…well he didn’t really know why, but it didn’t seem like her. It was kind of cute actually.
Karen came into the living room with a small piece of key lime pie on a little dish and handed it to him. She sat next to him with her elbow resting against next to his shoulder.
“Thanks so much. Seriously.”
“It’s not a problem.” She smiled.
He caught himself looking at her mouth as she smiled. Feeling he was lingering a little too long, he looked down at the pie and shoved a sloppy forkful into his mouth.
“Wow, that was really attractive.”
Jim laughed.
“Oh, nice… and you managed to get it everywhere except your mouth.”
Jim rubbed his face with the back of his hand.
“Nope, still missed a spot.”
He tried again.
“Nope, right…” Karen leaned in and kissed the corner of his mouth. “there.”
Jim pulled away, startled.
“I’m sorry… I just kind of thought, well, I thought it was kind of obvious that I liked you. I thought…maybe you felt the same way.” She sighed and rubbed her face in her hands. “I feel like I’m in eigth grade.”
“No, no.. I’m sorry, I’m just not good with this kind of stuff. You’re gorgeous… and I’m sure any guy in his right mind would be totally..not..whatever I’m doing right now. I’m just…”
“You think I’m gorgeous?”
There was that smile again.
“Yeah.”
I mean… come on. She was beautiful. Especially right now, her hair looked like silk around her face, and looking at her lips he really did want to kiss her. But something was holding him back, and he didn’t want to think about it.
Karen took his plate and put it on the coffee table.
“Karen, I am still pretty drunk.”
“I know, it’s okay.”
“So you’re taking advantage of me?”
“If you want me to.”
Jim felt himself blush.
“Don’t be nervous. It’s okay.”
Karen put her hand on his cheek and turned his head toward her. She parted her lips and stopped right before his mouth then slowly kissed his bottom lip, then his top. She went in to kiss him again, this time he kissed her back. He started to move his his hands and then, nervous, laid them down again.
She started kissing him harder, and sat up and straddled his lap. She then took his hands and put them around her back. He could feel her bra under her tight blouse and his mind started to wonder what it looked like, what she looked like in it. It had been awhile before he had imagined anyone but Pam, it was kind of strange new territory to him.
She sat back and took his hands to her buttons on her blouse.
He looked up at her and then started to slowly undo the buttons on her blouse, trying to hide his shaking hands. They skimmed over her breasts in her black lace bra, and over her flat stomach. He reached up and touching her collarbone, slid the shirt off of her shoulders. She stood up and slowly unzipped her pants.
“Um…Wow.” He grinned.
She took his hand and led him into her bedroom and closed the door. She pushed him against the wall.
“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do this.” She breathed as she leaned in and kissed him on his neck. The words stung him. Before he could stop himself he started to imagine Pam.
He closed his eyes and felt her sucking softly on his neck, down onto his collarbone. He felt her hand slide down his chest onto his pants and grab his growing erection.
Jim laid his head back trying to imagine what Pam would look like pinning him against the wall dressed only in her bra and underwear. She unbuttoned his shirt and took it off pressing her breasts against him. He didn’t want to open his eyes for fear he’d lose this illusion. He knew it was wrong, but this was about as close as he’d ever get.
He felt her undo his belt while playfully biting his ear. He groaned and reached down her back, his hands feeling over her ass. She unzipped his pants and pulled them down around his feet. Every place she touched on him, his muscles flinched a little. It was like finally getting what he had imagined for so long made every nerve in him even more sensitive. As he reached up to stroke her long curly hair, he remembered where he was.
He opened his eyes. This was wrong to do.
“I can’t do this.”
“What? Why??”
“I’m sorry, I just can’t”.

Sitting on his bed later that night, he started to wonder how awkward things were going to be tomorrow. He thought he might call her and apologize, if that would even help. He looked on the phone and saw he had a message. From Pam. Reading it, he smiled to himself.
Chapter End Notes:
The lyrics are from "She's Not You" by Elvis Presley.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans