20 [Reviews - 53] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: Jim and Pam, making me want to tear my hair out.  Mild spoilers/spec for S3 (based on episode descriptions)
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam, Present, Episode Related Characters: Jim/Pam, Karen, Roy
Genres: Angst, Romance, Workdays
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No
Word count: 3804 Read: 18362 ePub Downloads: 1
Published: February 03, 2007 Updated: March 06, 2007
[Report This]
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Love unspoken is the loudest sound of all by xoxoxo [Reviews - 25] 8 (1486 words)

 

Slight spoilers for S3 - post Ben Franklin. Nothing more than episode description speculation at this point but I'll keep warning you as we go along.

The title is based on this quote:

Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." Author Unknown

This story will take Pam through various events as she tries to finally say exactly what's on her mind. Probably 5 chapters in all. She'll either be encouraged by something or so frustrated she finally cracks under the pressure. You'll have to wait and see. :)

Huge hugs to Morning Angel and colette - who helped me make sense of it all.

2. Your first love is not always your truest love. by xoxoxo [Reviews - 10] 6 (669 words)

Geez Louise.  Excuse me while I drag this knife out of my chest.  KILLING ME - these two.  Simply killing me.

So - I'm trying to be vague but realistic.  I'm also trying to remember why I chose the title for this story. 

Say it with me:

"all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around"

The following quotes (Authors Unknown) seem to fit the mood perfectly IMHO:

"Choices that deal with love are like alcohol, when you are under the influence of it you tend to do things that you regret later on."

"...some emotions don't make a lot of noise. It's hard to hear pride. Caring is real faint - like a heartbeat.   And pure love - why, some days it's so quiet, you don't even know it's there." 

3. I dream my painting, and then I paint my dream by xoxoxo [Reviews - 9] 2 (537 words)

That Pam.  The girl's her own worst enemy.  I'm not expecting a happy ending anytime soon.  Damnit.  When I started this story I was so optimistic that the fourth chapter would make us all giddy - now - not so much. :( 

"I dream my painting, and then I paint my dream." Vincent Van Gogh

"Life and the road to love is not easy. It is bumpy, smooth and strewn with accidents, but well worth the trip."  Unknown

 

4. Parting is all we know of heaven and all we need of hell. by xoxoxo [Reviews - 9] 4 (1112 words)

I heart colette, Morning Angel and Moxie!

Oh - and Jim and Pam too. :)

Chapter title courtesy of Emily Dickinson.  And the calculations of date and time came from this website. Duration Calculator

I'm obsessed - but I do have a life outside of fanfic. ;)

I wanted to add a quick note of thanks to all those who are still reading.  Works in progress are tough to keep up with - I know.  I'm experimenting with this fic a bit a) in telling Pam's side of the story - coupled with all the uncertainty I feel about where the "real" story is going b) in not having a word of dialogue.  My brain simply won't turn off at the end of each episode lately - and I am desperate to explain what's going on in Pam's mind. 

A tad overly invested?  Perhaps.  But none the less true. :)