- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is the BETA-ed version. I hope you enjoy it! There is more to come! Thanks for reading.

 

Jim and Pam walked the trail outside the resort. They had decided to take a walk along the trail since it seemed so beautiful from the view. They held hands as they made their way through the countryside. Pam felt especially giddy from the previous night and earlier in the morning.

“This is the perfect vacation,” she said as they walked over a small bridge.

“Wait, isn’t your honeymoon supposed to be the best vacation?”

“Um, I don’t think so. Well, let me take that back. It depends on who you spend it with.”

“You and Neil didn’t have a good honeymoon?”

“It was great, don’t get me wrong. But, this tops it,” she said, smiling.

“Are you serious?”

“No joke, Halpert.”

“Wow. So, our next vacation better be amazing because I won’t be able to live this one down.”

“Yes.”

“So, what's next on the list?”

“Whatever you want.”

“Well, I don’t really know what there is to do. You made the arrangements.”

“I don’t know.”

Jim smiled and then turned quickly to face Pam. “Here we go. I got an idea. You go to the spa, get all relaxed and spruced up, and I will go to the hot box, I mean, the sauna. Clean my fine pores, you know. Then we can meet up at six and go to dinner somewhere. I will make the reservations, you don’t have to worry about a thing except for being pampered. Is that a plan?”

“But, I thought we were going to be together the whole time. Now we're going our separate ways?”

“No, just think about it. We go and get ready for a wonderful evening, and when we meet up, we will be excited to see each other.”

“That sounds like a good idea.”

“So, let’s go get you an appointment at the spa, and me into some too small swimming trunks, and then part ways.”

“Okay. Let’s do it.”

-----

Pam lay on the massage chair with her eyes closed. She felt like she could fall asleep but she was too excited for the evenings plans. Jim was right; it would be exciting if they parted ways for a little bit and met up later that evening.

She breathed in deeply and allowed the masseuse to rub and massage deep into her tissue. Pam thought that it hurt when she would dig her hands in her back but after she moved on to another spot, the pain subsided and she felt wonderful.

Then massage was over and she was ushered to get a facial. During the facial, they did her nails and pampered her feet. She loved all the attention from the spa staff.

-----

Jim sat in the room and called around to different restaurants for reservations. He wasn’t sure where to go so he went down to the concierge to ask for some help.

“I’m planning the perfect evening and I was wondering which restaurant I should make take my girlfriend to.”

The concierge smiled and pulled out a book of restaurants. “There are several classy eateries around here. What are your plans including?”

“That’s what I need help with. What is there to offer?”

“Let me see, I can get you some reservations at this really nice restaurant here in the city called The Fountain. It’s beautiful, has amazing food, and live music. Very nice for the type of date you seem to be planning.”

“Great.”

“Then you could schedule another activity from this catalog,” the man said, pushing the book across the counter.

“What do you recommend?” Jim asked as his eyes widened at the thickness of the book.

“There are several things to do after dark. You could always see a show, visit a museum, see an art exhibit, walk through the botanical gardens here in our resort, or find another activity included in this book. There are many options.”

“That sounds like a great list. Um,” Jim paused and looked at the man’s nametag. “Larry, do you mind if I call down here and let you know my plans and you arrange them by six?”

“I can do that.”

“Alright, thanks Larry. I will be calling you shortly with my plans,” Jim said, pulling the large catalog off the counter and walking back to the elevator.

Jim made his arrangements, called Larry and then went down to the sauna to get a few relaxing moments before the big night ahead of him and Pam. As he sat in the steam room he missed Pam. He regretted sending her off to do her own thing, but knew that tonight would be worth it.

----

As the final touches were being applied to Pam’s make up, she thought she caught a glimpse of Jim in the mirror. His hair was tousled and damp and was wearing his swim trunks, a t-shirt, and a pair of flip flops.

“Why would he be down here?” Pam thought to herself.

When the hairstylist returned to add some more curl to her hair, Pam asked her what the man in the swim trunks was doing at the front desk a minute ago.

“Hey, I saw that you were at the desk when the man came up to the desk. Did you happen to hear what he was there for?” Pam asked.

The hairstylist kept her focus on the curling iron and looked at Pam through the mirror. “I’m not sure. Was he with you?”

“Yeah, I was just wondering if he spilled any of tonight’s plans.”

“So you are letting him plan the evening, huh?”

“Well, it was his idea. He’s so….great.”

The girl chuckled and went to another piece of hair. “Are you engaged?”

Pam froze then met the girl’s gaze in the mirror. “No. We've only been dating a few months now.”

“You seem head over heels for this guy.”

“I am.”

“Well, whatever he is up to seems to be getting you excited. You have been wringing your hands for the past ten minutes now,” the hairstylist said with a laugh.

Pam looked down at her hands and slapped them down on her legs. “I know. I’m really excited.”

“Does it feel like senior prom all over again?”

“Definitely. Even better than that.”

“He’s a keeper then.”

“He sure is.”

-----

Jim thought he saw Pam in the salon getting primped. From the back, she looked amazing already. He walked up to the desk discretely trying to keep his cover.

“Hi. I brought this for the woman in the far chair,” Jim said as he pointed in Pam’s direction and slid a box across the counter.

The woman with the wild red hair took the box and lifted an eyebrow. “What’s this?”

“A gift. Whenever they take her to get her dress on, would you mind giving that to her?”

“I’ll see that it gets done.”

“Excellent. Thank you.”

Jim left the salon and went back to the room to shower properly before jumping into his suit. He had to meet Pam in the lobby within the hour and had to get ready quickly.

----

Pam stepped into her black dress and zipped up the back. She slipped on her heels and then stepped out of the dressing room in the salon. The woman with the wild red hair gasped and walked over to her.

“I love it. You look so great.”

“Thank you.”

“You have a date tonight?”

“Yes.”

“What’s his name?”

“Jim,” Pam said as she nodded.

“Well, this is from Jim,” the woman said as she handed Pam the gold box.

Pam’s eyes widened as she took the box. She opened it slightly and put her free hand up to her chest. The ladies standing around her gasped at the sight of the pretty silver necklace.

“Oh…my…”

“Man, what did I say? He’s a keeper,” Pam’s hairstylist said, nudging Pam in the arm.

-----

Jim stood in the lobby with his black suit on. He checked to make sure his tie was perfect and his jacket was pressed nicely. He held a single red rose in his hand and nervously played with it until she arrived. When she walked into the lobby he straightened up and smiled at the sight of her.

“Wow!”

“Wow to you too!” she said.

“You look….so…”

“Lovely? Gorgeous? Amazing? Breathtaking?” Pam asked as she twirled around.

“All of those things,” Jim said handing her the flower.

“Thank you.”

“Hey, who gave you that amazing necklace?” Jim asked jokingly.

“Oh, it was just some amazing guy I met on the elevator.”

“Really?”

“Thank you. Everything is beautiful. It kind of feels like I’m in Pretty Woman all of a sudden.”

“Oh no. Not at all. I don’t buy hookers.”

Pam laughed and stepped in closer to kiss him. He put his arms at her waist and kissed her gently. When they pulled away, Jim grabbed her hand and led her out of the hotel. It was time for their evening to begin.

----

Sitting at The Fountain they listened to the piano tinkling in the background. Larry was right about the restaurant being beautiful. In the center of the room there were several water fountains spilling into a large pool. They water was a bright blue and glistened off the stone tile. The dance floor was strategically placed around the fountain with chandeliers hanging above. Pam and Jim sat next to a large window that had a great view of another large fountain outside.

“This is wonderful.”

“It is, isn’t it?”

“Definitely.”

“Have I told you how great you look?” Jim asked with a grin.

“I believe you mentioned it.”

“You know what’s weird? You haven’t called home to check on Scarlet yet.”

“Oh my gosh. I feel like such a bad mother now.”

Jim laughed and then pulled out his cell phone. “Let’s call before it gets too late.”

He handed Pam the phone. “Hi Mom.”

“We're good. We're actually at dinner right now,” Pam said as she played with her silverware.

“How’s my girl?”

“She did?”

“That’s too cute. Well, I guess I will have to see it when I get home,” Pam looked up at Jim with a smile across her face.

“Can I talk to her for a second? Great.”

“Hey Scarlet. How are you?”

“You are?”

“Good. I miss you too.”

“Yeah, Jim is right here. Okay,” Pam handed Jim the phone.

He took it and gave Pam a little smile. “Hey Scarlet!”

“How are you? We miss you too.”

“Yeah, you’re Mom looks really pretty tonight.”

“Okay. Talk to you soon Scarlet. Love you too.”

Jim handed the phone back to Pam. “Alright baby. I love you. Give the phone back to Nana. Night.”

“Well Mom, we will be home later tomorrow.”

“It’s been a blast. I went to a salon today and a spa. It was amazing.”

“Yeah, well, I don’t think I want to talk about that Mom,” Pam said rolling her eyes and avoiding eye contact with Jim.

“Okay then. I will see you tomorrow. Kiss my girl for me! Night.”

Pam shut the phone and handed slid it across the table while the waiter served them.

“What did your mother say?” Jim asked.

“Nothing. Apparently Scarlet made us pictures and cookies while we were away.”

“Cool,” Jim said cutting into his chicken.

“Yeah. I miss her.”

“You light up when you speak to her. It’s very cute.”

“I thought I was going to pass out when you were talking to Scarlet on the phone. You are so sweet when you talk to her. It drives me crazy,” Pam said whipping her fork through the air.

Jim laughed and then picked at his plate. “I really love you guys.”

“We love you too,” said with a smile.

“I couldn’t have asked for a better girlfriend and a half.”

Pam laughed. “Well, when you were on the phone with your mother it seemed like you had to defend us.”

Jim was shocked at her statement. “Well, she thought I was breaking up a marriage. So, I told her the circumstances. She’ll think differently when she actually gets to meet you.”

“I mean, I’m not Karen or anything…” Pam said.

Stunned, Jim responded, “Pam, let’s not talk about this right now. I want this to be perfect and talking about this isn’t really what I had in mind.”

Pam seemed jealous to Jim. She made a face and gently set her fork on her plate and put her hands in her lap. “Before we do anything else tonight, I would like to talk about it.”

“Why didn’t we settle this in the car then?”

“I don’t know. I just now thought about it.”

“Come on, Pam…”

“Jim, did your mother like Karen?”

Jim put his fork down and wiped his mouth. He wasn’t portraying the happy boyfriend he was two minutes ago. “Pam, that’s in the past and besides, what does it matter?”

“It does matter. I need to know how I stack up against her.”

“Fine. My mother liked Karen a lot. There,” he said then looked down at his plate.

“Thank you.”

“That’s really all you needed to hear?”

“Yes.”

“Well…how do I stack up against Roy and Neil?”

“Trust me, you are Mom’s favorite…besides Roy.”

What? Roy was a total jerk.”

“I’m not saying that she still likes him, she just had a connection with Roy that I haven’t seen her have with any one else. Don’t worry, give her time to get to know you.”

“So, Roy wins because he was your first and you stayed with him the longest.”

“It’s not that at all. He was the one that I basically grew up with though. So, she might see that as an advantage. And, it’s not a competition. Let’s stop now.”

“Okay. Fine.”

“Jim, what’s the deal?”

“I just had an idea about what tonight was supposed to be like and arguing about exes and mother’s opinions wasn’t in the schedule. I’m sorry. I’m a jealous boyfriend.”

“Well, I’m a jealous girlfriend so, there. We agree on something.”

“Okay,” Jim said taking in a deep breath and picking his fork back up.

He reached over with his other hand, grabbed Pam’s hand and looked her in the eye. “I’m sorry for that.”

She shook her head. “Don’t be. It was my fault.”

“You will love my mother though and I know she will love you and Scarlet.”

“I hope so.”

Jim looked around the room. “Hey, I have another great idea. Would you like to dance?”

“I would love to.”

 

Chapter End Notes:
I hope you liked it. There should be a new one everyday for a little while...so keep looking! Also, do me a huge favor and review a million times! I'm complete when the love is shown....through reviews and ratings! :)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans