- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The wedding has arrived! One reviewer pleaded with me to add more to this story, so I might extend it a few more chapters. So....if you want to see more to this story...let me know what you all think you want to see. I was going to stop at the wedding, but you readers need to let me know where to stop. What's the perfect ending to this story? Please comment any ideas!

Oh, I have to say thanks to the two people that have added me as one of their favorite authors! I had no clue you could even do that until I looked at my statistics! So, thanks to my faithful readers...and if you like what you're seeing, please add me to your favorites list! Thanks :)

 

The week of the wedding was hectic. Jim was making the final plans for their honeymoon, Pam was confirming times and dates with the caterers and the church, and Scarlet was finishing her last week of school.

After work, Jim would head over to Pam’s house, wedding headquarters, and eat a quick dinner and get back on the phone to confirm with guests if they were attending. Their relaxing time was sparse and their free time was becoming less and less free. A hug and kiss was sometimes all the interaction they might have in a night.

Pam was on the phone with the tailor when Jim had decided to leave for the night. He had one more day of work before his leave from the office began. As he started to slip out the door, Pam caught his arm and pulled him back into the house. He shut the door behind him and leaned back against it. She held up her finger for him to wait a minute until she finished her phone conversation.

“That sounds like a great idea Carrie. Okay, see you then. Bye,” Pam said, then hitting the button on the phone. As she set the phone down on the table she pulled Jim into a hug.

“I’ve missed you so much,” she said as she ran her hands up and down his back.

Jim smiled and then gave her a puzzled look. “We’ve seen each other every night this week.”

“I know but it’s been spent on the telephone and on the computer. I haven’t had my hearty does of Jim in a long time,” she said, resting her chin on his chest.

He smiled again. “I’ve missed you too.”

“So, are you ready for the big event?”

“Oh yeah. I’m just ready to have a break from all this planning and looking forward to spending time with you in…”

“Where?” she said as her eyebrows shot up.

“Oops. I can’t let the cat out of the bag yet.”

“Come on, it’s my honeymoon too.”

“Oh yeah, it is,” he teased, cocking his head to the side.

“So…”

“What?”

“Are you ever going to tell me?”

“Maybe I want to keep it a secret.”

“I think I’ve had enough surprises over the past few months. Just tell me.”

“Nope. You must wait.”

“Fine,” she said, pulling away from his embrace.

Jim pulled her back in and held her tight. She smiled up at him and he leaned low for a kiss. He placed his hands on her face and kissed her deeply. Pam’s hands found their way to the back of his neck and played with the little hairs there. Jim could feel himself being pulled away from the front door by his loose tie. Pam was leading him over to the couch where she flopped down and pulled him down with her. She kept her hand securely wrapped around his tie and found his lips again. Shocked, Jim found himself trying to catch his breath.

“Whoa Pam. Slow down. What’s the rush?” he said, slightly pulling away.

“I don’t know. You’re just…”

“Irresistible?” he asked with a sly smile.

Well…” Pam teased.

“I see how you are,” he said as he pretended to get off the couch. As she tugged back on his arm and sat down next to her, she snuggled up tight to his side.

“I don’t want you to leave,” she said.

“I don’t want to either but I have work in the morning and I don’t have any clothes here.”

“I know. I just don’t want you to go.”

“I can stay a little bit longer, but I need to go at some point.”

“Understandable,” she said grabbing his face in her hands.

“What?” he asked, looking into her eyes for the answer.

“I’m so happy that I’m going to be Mrs. Halpert in a few days.”

“I’m glad that you are too.”

She kissed his lips gently and rested her head on his chest. Scarlet came down the stairs in her pajamas and crawled up in Jim’s lap. She too, found a spot to rest her head. All Jim could do was smile.

---

The day of the wedding, Jim stood in the Sunday School room getting his boutonniere pinned to his lapel by his mother. She was red eyed and sniffling the whole time she fiddled with the pin.

“Mom, why are you upset?” he finally asked her.

“I’m not upset, just happy and emotional. It’s a big day.”

“I know, but why the tears? If anyone else cries, I’m liable to do it too.”

“You’re allowed to you know.”

“I will try my best not to but I’m sure I will before the day is done.”

Larissa finished pinning the rose and looked up at Jim. “I’m so proud of you.”

“Aw, thanks Ma.”

“So, when do you leave for your honeymoon?”

“We are leaving early from the reception to make the flight.”

“Okay. Do I need to do anything to help with that?”

“Yeah. Pam has her luggage somewhere and I need to put it in my trunk. Can you go tell Pam to set it outside her door for me to take out?”

“Can do,” Larissa said, turning towards the door.

“Thanks.”

“Congrats son.” Larissa said, pulling the door shut.

Jim breathed in deep and nervously walked around the small classroom. He knew Pam was only three doors down from him and it took everything he hand to not run into that room and kiss her. As he stood in the middle of the room, Scarlet came bounding in.

“Hi Jim!” she said, running into his arms.

“Hi Scarlet. How are you doing? Are you getting excited?”

“I’m excited. Mommy was crying.”

“What? Why was Mommy crying?”

“She said she was nervous and happy at the same time.”

“Oh. Well, I feel the same way.”

Scarlet held her fist up to show Jim the tightly folded piece of paper. “When I was coloring Mom told me that I should give this to you. She wrote on it.”

Jim took the paper from her hand and started unfolding it. He saw Scarlet’s bright red scribbled letters and then his eyes lingered at the bottom of the page where Pam had jotted something down.

Reading the letter, Jim’s eyes welled up with tears. Scarlet stared at Jim and then down at the paper.

“You like it?”

“Yes, Scarlet. It’s amazing.”

“Read it!”

Jim pulled the paper tight and wiped the tear that trickled down his cheek. “It says: Jim, I love you and thank you for being in my life. Love, Scarlet. Then your Mom wrote: Today’s the day! I cannot wait to walk out of this church being Mrs. James Halpert. It’s all my wildest dreams come true! Scarlet wanted to write you a letter and I decided to write something too. But, I will see you soon, I love you and want to spend eternity with you. Love you, Pam. P.S.-When do I get to know about our big trip?”

“What’s your big trip?”

“Um….I can’t tell.”

“Is it like a secret ingredient?”

“Kind of. But, you know what? I think I’ll let you tell your Mom where we’re going. Tell me something Scarlet. Can you draw the Eiffel Tower?”

----

Pam was standing by the window that looks out to the parking lot. She caught her breath when she saw Jim take her luggage to his car. She stared at him the whole time watching his movements. He had a nice slimming black suit on with his hair slightly parted and slicked back. She broke her gaze when Scarlet scurried into the room with a paper rolled into a scroll in her hand.

“What’s this baby?”

“Jim wants you to have this,” she said, unrolling the paper.

“Oh, let me see.”

Pam looked down at Scarlet’s sketch of a triangle with a bunch of lines horizontally across the page. Below Jim had left a little note.

“Scarlet convinced me to reveal the big secret. If you can guess what this is, then you’ll know where we are going. I’m counting down the minutes until I can put that ring on your finger. Love you more than you know, Jim.”

Pam avoided rubbing her eyes due to her makeup. Curious, Pam asked Scarlet what the drawing was of. “What’s this Scarlet? What did Jim have you draw?”

Focused on her new coloring paper, Scarlet said over her shoulder, “The Iffel Tower.”

“The Eiffel Tower?”

“Yup.”

“He’s taking me to Paris? I cannot believe it,” she said, fanning herself. She had her gown on and her hair already in place and it was making her warm. She felt the sweat trickle down her back.

Pam’s mother came over and gave Pam her garter. Pam slipped it on as she continued freaking out. “He’s taking me to Paris, Mom!”

“Yeah, I know.”

“You knew?”

“He had to tell me. I made him tell me since I’m watching Scarlet all week,” she said with a smile.

“You were holding out on me!”

“He told me not to tell. I couldn’t break a promise,” Pam’s mom said, sticking her head out of the door. She turned back towards Pam. “Jim is about to go to the front of the church. Scarlet, you need to get ready.”

Pam’s face went red and she pulled Scarlet up into a hug. “I’m so happy you’re my daughter.”

Scarlet smiled and hugged Pam tight. “Now, make sure you walk with me. Don’t rush.”

“Okay,” Scarlet nodded.

A knock at the door made Pam and her mother jump. Pam’s mom slightly opened the door and peeked her nose out.

“Yes?”

“Hi. I just wanted to talk to Pam.”

“You can’t right now.”

“I need to. Please?”

“Pam, do you want to speak to your future husband?”

Pam trotted over to the door holding her dress. She cracked the door about an inch and stood away from his view.

Jim wiggled a finger through the crack and Pam immediately laced her pinky with his. “I just wanted to tell you not to run off like in “Runaway Bride.”

Pam giggled. “I won’t. I promise.”

“’Cause if you do, I’m taking Scarlet and leaving the country.”

“Oh. I can’t have that. So, I guess this means I have to marry you now.”

“Yup. No backing out.”

“I wouldn’t since you are taking me to The ’Iffel’ tower.”

“Scarlet told you? She was supposed to let you guess. I’m going to have to get that little girl.”

Pam giggled. “So, are you totally nervous?”

“Kind of. Let’s just get out there and get this over with. You ready?”

“Yes,” Pam said, dropping her pinky from the crack in the door.

“I love you, Pam,” Jim said pulling his finger away.

“I love you too.”

“See you in a few.”

“You too.”

Pam shut the door behind her and took a deep breath. Scarlet stood behind her and held out her hand. “Nana says it’s time to go. Let’s go do this…”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Remember, the end of this story is near....get your reviews and ratings in QUICK! Thanks :)


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans