- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
One of my favorite chapters. Some nice fluff for all you faithful readers!!!

Sitting in the too tiny airline seat, Jim grabbed his backpack from under his seat. “I brought some snacks for the ride,” Jim said, unzipping his backpack.

“Really? Whatcha got?” Pam asked, peeking into the pocket of his bag.

“Um, let me see. I brought some trail mix, Rice Crispy Treats, gummy worms, and Snickers.”

Pam’s eyes widened. “Wow. Are you trying to fatten me up?” she asked as she took a Snickers from the bag.

“Oh yeah. We have to store fat for our trip. I hear it’s going to be pretty chilly there.”

“Dang.”

“Sorry. I still think Paris will be beautiful. Maybe we can come back during the summer in a few years,” Jim said, biting down on the end of a Rice Crispy.

Reading in a magazine, Pam looked up quickly. “Did you know that you burn 150 calories during sex?”

Jim nearly spit out the rice crispy that was in his mouth. Choking a little, he grasped the side of the tray table in front of him. Pam giggled while she lightly patted him on the back. “Are you okay?”

“Uh….wow. Do you realize that we are on a loaded plane with a bunch of people we don’t know and you just told me that I could burn 150 calories by having sex?”

“It’s a neat fact. I just read it.”

“And what magazine is offering those kinds of tips?”

Pam flipped the cover of the magazine for Jim to see. “Cosmo. They have great articles.”

“Uh huh. Most of their stuff is smut,” Jim said flicking the cover.

“Whatever. You’re not a woman so you wouldn’t know.”

“You’re correct on that one,” Jim said as he adjusted in his chair.

Pam noticed his uncomfortable position and stated, “Maybe we should’ve gotten first class seats.”

“Oh yeah, and paid nearly two grand for it. I’m not made out of money, honey.”

“No. But, you are made out of six foot and three inches of flesh. That’s why we need first class seats.”

“I’ll remember that,” he said, readjusting.

Pam folded her magazine shut and turned to look at Jim. “So, what’s on our agenda while we are in Paris?”

“Um, well first off, we find the hotel room so we can shower, because you are stinking up the whole plane,” Jim said, smiling at Pam.

Pam dropped her jaw. “I’m not the only one, Jim!”

“You keep thinking that, Pam. Maybe someone else will believe you, but I’m not buying it.”

“You’re mean.”

“I’m mean but at least I’m not a horn-dog like you. Ever since we got out of the church all you’ve mentioned to me is that you’re in the mood,’” Jim said, stuffing the snacks back in his bag.

“Have not!”

“I think so, Pam. At the house you were all over me, told me that you wanted to join the mile high club, and then just now you filled me in on how to burn some calories.”

“Okay, fine.”

“’Fine’ what?”

“We don’t have to have sex on our honeymoon, that’s fine with me.”

“You won’t last ten minutes once we step into that hotel room. Just you wait…”

“Well, I’m sorry. I love my husband and our…activities that we have together. It’s too bad he doesn’t feel the same way about me,” she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

Jim laughed. “Honestly, I cannot believe that you’re such a sex fiend,” he said, slightly shrugging.

“I’m not! Stop saying that.”

Jim reached over and put his arm around Pam. “I’m kidding. You know I like our….activities too,” he said with a chuckle.

Jim leaned over and placed a kiss on Pam’s lips just as an older woman in front of them turned around. “Newlyweds?”

Surprised that their conversation was being overheard, Jim jumped. Sitting upright in his seat, he smiled at Pam. Pam answered the curious eavesdropper. “Yes.”

“Congratulations.”

“Thanks,” Jim said.

“Where are you headed?”

“Um, after this flight, we hop on another plane to Paris,” Jim replied.

“Very nice. I’ve never been,” the older lady said as she turned to look at Pam. “You’ve got a good one,” she said with a wink.

“I know,” Pam said, and nuzzled her head on Jim’s arm.

As the lady turned to sit back in her seat she made one last comment. “If you do it right, you can burn 200 calories,” she said with a smile.

Jim and Pam looked at each other and struggled to keep from laughing.

----

Unlocking the dark mahogany door of their hotel room, Pam stopped in the threshold to take in the view. The room was immaculate and charming. She had her jaw open and was entranced by the sight. Jim nudged her right leg to jar her out of her fixation. She slowly stumbled into the room and threw her bag on the floor.

“Oh my….” Pam said, still taking in the room.

“Wow. I think this beats our first vacation at that resort,” Jim said, shutting the door.

“I’m in heaven,” Pam said as she flopped down on the bed.

“You’re telling me. Am I good or what?” he said, flopping down next to her.

“Um…you’re amazing.”

Jim laughed and then sat upright. He glanced around the room to find a clock. He glanced down at his watch and twisted the little knob to adjust the time.

“So, it’s like almost six in the morning here. Do you want to sleep or go to breakfast or what?”

Pam looked up. “Um, I thought the first order of business was a shower.”

“Right you are, Mrs. Stinky,” he said, lying back down with his arms under his head.

Pam rolled on her side and inched close to Jim’s side. “Well, you can just deal with me for now.”

“Oh. I see. Foregoing the shower for other activities?” he said, with a smile spread across his face.

“Ugh!”

“What? You’re the one getting all cuddly and it hasn’t even been five minutes since we entered the room! I told you, you couldn’t make it ten minutes!”

“Wanna bet?” Pam asked, sitting up.

“I think I’ve already made the bet and you lost.”

“I can go without forever. Pretty soon, you’re going to be the one begging me. You have to remember that I was for single about a year before you came along mister.”

“Oh, so you’re going to play that card now? Just face it, you like sex…a lot.”

Pam laughed at Jim and laid back down next to him. She snuggled her head between his chest and his arm. “Well, I like it with you, okay?”

“So the truth comes out.”

“It’s not my fault that my previous suitors weren’t that good.”

“So, you likey?” Jim asked in a funny voice and pointing at himself.

Pam giggled. “Okay, let’s stop talking about this subject before you get cocky.”

Jim laughed. “Fine. What do you want to do?”

“Well, I could use a shower but I would really like to see some sights before I fall asleep.”

“Okay. Let’s go see what the neighborhood looks like, get some breakfast and come back for a quick nap,” Jim said, noticing Pam staring off in the distance. “What?” he asked.

“I wonder what Scarlet’s doing.”

“She is probably sleeping. Wait, what time is it over there? I just changed my watch and I have no clue.”

“I don’t know. I suppose I should call mom and let her know we made it.”

“What if she’s sleeping?”

“Oh well. It will tell us if it’s night time over there or not,” Pam said, jumping off the bed to grab her phone.

She dialed and waited for an answer. After a few rings, Pam hung up the phone and walked slowly back the bed.

“I miss my girl,” Pam said, standing in front of Jim’s bent knees.

“I miss her too. But hey, pretty soon we’ll be back and we’ll have her all to ourselves.”

Pam smiled. “Why do you love her so much? I mean, the first time you met her, you were comforting her and caring for her right away. Why?”

“There was this very wise man that once said…something like, ‘Father’s be good to your daughters. Daughters will love like you do. Girls become lovers, who turn into mothers, so mothers be good to your daughters too,’” Jim said, smiling as Pam kicked his foot.

“I believe that was John Mayer that said that…or sang that.”

“Well, it was very powerful. Changed my life,” Jim said matter-of-factly.

Pam giggled again. “Next time you should just sing it.”

“Nah. I‘ll let John Mayer sing it. I‘m not good with his style...”

“But Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton suit you well,” she said, remembering back to his barbeque years ago.

“Oh gosh. Don’t remind me.”

“I don’t think I ever told you but, you were so nice to Michael after he crashed your party. That just tells me what a good guy you really are.”

“I try,” he said with a smirk.

“Now you’re getting cocky…so, let’s get out of this room before I rip your clothes off.”

“See! Bringing it back to the sex talk again…” he said, as Pam helped him off the bed.

“You know it!” she said, winking.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Okay, seriously...in Cosmo it said that you can burn 150 calories during sex. And, I have to owe the whole "if you do it right you can burn 200" comment from a coworker. We heard about this while we were working and thanks to an old horndog in my workplace, you have a good laugh. Oh yeah, please leave me some love. This hiatus has left me EMO! :)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans