- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter really describes Pam's feelings about attending Phyllis' wedding && how things would work out with Jim....Dont worry, this first chapter is kinda slow & maybe upsetting, but there is much more to come!!

ff Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 ------------------------------------

 It was a cold Thursday afternoon and it was time for Pam to get ready for Phyllis' wedding. After she moved out from being with Roy, she was alone in her new apartment. She hated living alone. There was never anyone for her to talk to. Just to even have the company of another human would have been enough. She hasn't been herself lately; Afterall, she did just break off her wedding for a man who doesn't even seem to be interested in her anymore! She walked out of her kitchen and into the bedroom to look through her old dresses to find something to wear. Everyone could tell she was acting strange. She would have usually run out to the mall weeks in advance to find the perfect dress, but now...it didn't even seem worth it. After fifteen minutes of looking, she pulled out a brown satin dress that she wore to her mother's Christmas party three years ago.

It was now 4:45 p.m., and she was running late. She pulled on the first pair of heels she could find and she was out the door. She just kept thinking to herself as she walked outside the building to her car - Remember, no matter what I do today, I will have no regrets.

--

Pam was tired of the silence in the car. She flipped through the stations on the radio, and she couldn't find one good song on it. She plugged in the MP3 player Roy had bought her for Christmas, and hit the 'shuffle' button. Touch Down Turn Around came on; It was just something to keep her mind off of what might happen later that night.

When she arrived at the church, she quickly parked and sprinted accross the parking lot, like there was something to look forward to inside.

"Beesley!" She was startled at first & then turned around. It was Jim. Her heart sank when he made that unforgettable smile. God, did she love his smile.

"Hey! Am i really late? Did I miss anything important?"

"Well, unless you think Creed telling us about things he stole from his ex-lovers important- than nope, your just in time."

She giggled at his joke, and he laughed with her.

"Great, where is everyone?" By everyone, she really meant Karen. She was dying to get off of this front step and see if she was somewhere inside.

"Uhm I'm not su-" He was inturrupted by a head poking through the door.

"Babe, thier getting everyone seated lets go!"

And there she was. Karen.

"Just give me a minute, I'll meet 'ya in there."

"I'm sorry Pam, can we talk later?"

"Yea, thats totally fine." She lied.

--

Inside, Pam saw Dwight scoping the room and interrogating elderly family members; But for what? She didn't want to know. All she cared about was getting through the ceremony without falling apart.

Now that everyone was seated, the wedding was about to begin. The pianist began to play, and everyone stood to welcome the bride, Phyllis, and her father. She watched them walk slowly and gracefully down the esile. Then she began to wonder what her life would have been like if she had married Roy. Would she be happy? Would she be regretting it? She knew this was not the time nor the place to be thinking about it. Before she knew it, the mass was over, and the guests were heading to the reception. She saw Jim standing outside the back door of the hall, and she wanted to go talk to him. At first she was hesitant, but she remeberd that she decided from now on, she'd have no regrets. No regrets, no regrets. 

"Hey, i saw you back here....are you alright?"

"Ya, i just had to make a phone call. Have you seen Karen?"

Pam tried not to keep eye contact with him, and honestly, she didn't know where Karen was nor did she even care.

"I tried to call her but her phone keeps going into voicemail..."

They were interrupted with the sound of the microphone and Kevin began to speak.

"Uhm...everyone...uhhh. Can i please have your attention..."

Everyone looked up at him, waiting for him to continue.

"We have someone ready to kick of karaoke, and they want to dedicate this song to thier .... uhm loving boyfriend.. Jish..?"

A whisper came from behind the stage.

"It says JIM!"

"Oh sorry. This song will be dedicated to her loving boyfriend Jim."

Jim looked confused and left Pam outside. He walked over to the stage and took a seat in the front. Karen walked out from behind the stage and began to sing "She's got A Way", Jim's favorite Billy Joel song.

"Sheee's got a waaaaaay aaaboutt herrrrr", Karen sang.

Pam thought it was terrible and she that was butchering a wonderful song. Even if she sang it well, she would still have said the same thing. Her eyes began to tear up, because deep down she figures that she could never be what Karen is- beautiful, professional, and smart. Karen was everything Pam wasn't. At least that's what she thought.

---

It was getting late, and Pam grabbed her coat off of her chair and was ready to hit the road when there was a tap on her shoulder.

"May i have this dance, Miss Beesley?" It was Jim, AGAIN. Didn't he know that leaving her standing in the cold to rush and watch his girlfriend sing to him was enough for one night?

"Jim, really ... i don't thin-"

Pam noticed Karen glaring at her from the drink table. No matter how much she would love to dance, she just couldn't.

"C'mon it'll be fun."

"Jim. I don't think this is a great idea... I mean- you havea girlfriend now? Why don't you go dance with her?"

"I ... I don't.."

"Whatever your reasons may be, I don't have time for it. I'm going home. Goodbye, Jim."

She slipped out the door without anyone seeing her teary eyes and her mascara running down her face. She pulled her keys from her pocket and unlocked the car as quickly as possible; And to top things off, it began to rain. What a horrible night.

"Please Pam wait."

He came jogging towards the car, out of breath and with his jacket in is hand.

"I'm sorry if that put you in an awkward position, I didn't mean anything by it! I just thought it would be nice to catch up. Just as friends."

"Well if you were my friend you'd figure out that I don't just want to be your friend! I...I l....lo"

Her shoulders began to shake, and her eyes swelled with tears once again. Jim stepped closer to her, putting his jacket over her head to keep her dry from the rain that began to come down harder.

"Let me at least drive you home."

She couldn't refuse. She also couldn't believe she didn't tell him. All she wanted to say was Jim i love you. But as easy as it sounds, she had no idea what his reaction would have been and quite honestly- she wasn't ready for that

"Alright."   

He opened the passenger's door and she slid into the seat. She continued to cry, and she didn't care if he noticed or not. He shifted in his seat and put his arms around her, and she leaned her head against his chest. She felt protected, and she liked that. She felt like the hole in her heart was filled when he held her tighter, and the brushed the tears off of her cheeks. She felt loved.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Hey everyone!! This is my first attempt at a fanfic story && i really enjoy writing so expect many more chapters to come!! Please rate and review if you want to see more JAM!!! Thanks!!!!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans