- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the long delay ...
          Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

            Jim stared at the small envelope in his hands, unable to move.  It was from her.  It didn’t even matter what was inside – she wrote to him.  She wrote to him on her Wedding Day, on her canceled Wedding Day.  All this time he had been so angry with her for not telling him herself about the wedding.  He had heard the news from Phyllis.  Her lack of contact had led him to believe she wanted nothing to do with him and that his confession and her canceled wedding were just coincidental.

 

            Jim took in a big breath and let it out slowly, turning the envelope over to the back and gently tearing open the back flap.  A flash of color jumped out at him as he carefully pulled out the single 3x5 piece of cardstock. 

 

On the front was a watercolor.  A small teapot sitting on a light brown table, blanketed in what looked like sunshine was delicately painted on the card.  The background of the picture was a soft lavender color; the teapot itself a light shade of teal.

 

Jim studied the small watercolor for several moments before noticing the small letters in the lower right hand corner.  PB.  He looked at the picture once more before carefully turning the card over.  There was printed text on the back:

 

Lackawanna Community College Art Show

Saturday, June 24, 2006  4-9 pm

LCC Gymnasium

382 Elmhurst Drive

 

Below the typed information was a small handwritten note.

 

Will you come?

-Pam

 

P.S.  I didn’t marry him.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans