- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I don’t own The Office. But as I am writing this, I am curled up in a wonderful blanket that I do own. It’s soft and warm and just great. I also now own a SuperPoke on Facebook, which was just awesome. I just got it, therefore, am super happy about it.

Jenny (sharky) was an amazing beta. So, she rocks.

“Where the hell where you last night?”

Okay, crap, so, she remembers Mark’s… “Karen, not now.” Anything to give me more time to think of an excuse.

“Yes now! Where were you? Where you with her?” Karen says the last word with such disgust, it physically hurts Jim.

“No! I…”

“Where were you? You have been lying for weeks now. Mark says he hasn’t seen you in a while, you are always avoiding me; it has to stop. Where were you?”

Okay, note to self, always tell your alibi that they are your alibi. “I was… it’s private, okay. I don’t want to talk about it here.”

“Jim! We’ve been dating for months now. I have been putting myself into this relationship, while you have just been… there. Not even always that. I thought we finally reached an area where we could at least trust each other –”

“And we can!”

“No, Jim. Apparently you can’t. Why else would you not tell me where you have been going after work?”

‘It’s complicated!”

“Complicated because of her?”

“No! It has nothing to do with Pam!”

By this point, their voices were raised enough that everyone outside could hear the conversation. Pam had looked up, surprised at the mention of her name. Dwight looked like he was ready to pounce, should it escalate. Most others were just staring at the scene before them.

“Well, explain it to me, because right now, you are just a fucking son of a bitch!”

“Karen! I told you, it’s personal! I don’t want to explain it here.”

“Too bad, because if you don’t start explaining in five seconds, I am walking out of that door and leaving. And we’re through Halpert.”

“Karen! I mean, please. I will explain it all, tonight. Promise. Not here.”

“No! I am sick and tired of excuses and lies. I’ve tried to make this relationship work. I liked you Jim. I think I could have even loved you. But I can’t keep standing by, while you lie, hide facts, and don’t try at this. But most importantly, I can’t stand by when you are really in love with someone else.” The anger drains for Karen’s voice and her voice starts breaking. A lone tear runs down her cheek. “I’m leaving Jim. I will be back at the end of the day to fill out the paperwork. Don’t be here.”

“Karen.” Jim moves closer to try to comfort her, but she walks out of the room. What was he supposed to say? It was all true, as much as he didn’t want to admit it. He had tried to love Karen, but he couldn’t. He was helpless. Unrequited love. What a bitch.

Chapter End Notes:

Hopefully I did Karen justice. She is kinda hard to write. Cause, I am liking Karen and I don’t want her to get hurt… but I also knew she would be angry… and she needs to go bye-bye.

Reviews are like a warm monkey. Just go with it and review. (nottin weird or sexual, just i like monkeys, and i learned about langerhan monkeys and infanticide today. deal. my mind works in strange ways)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans