- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I own a really sucky analytical chemistry book. It really is just a stupid annoying piece of crap. I would rather own The Office. But apparently, it doesn’t work that way. No suing allowed, unless you want my piece o’ crap analytical book. And trust me, no one wants that injustice bestowed on them.

Thanks to Jenny (sharky) for betaing

Pam was a bit shocked by the email, but excitement quickly took over. She hadn’t realized how obvious she had been with her art. It started with simple sketches on her papers – his face, his hands, his eyes, his smile.

            Last year, the class’s final project was a collage. Pam had included most of those sketches plus pictures of other things that reminded her of Jim – an iPod, teapot, fireworks. It was her favorite piece. Pam kept it in her bedroom and looked at it whenever she was feeling lonely, which was more often than she liked to admit.

Pam could hardly wait until Monday evening. The weekend dragged slowly on. The thought of taking an art class with Jim… well, she could hardly believe it. And Jim was single again. Pam couldn’t help but feel amazing.

            She had resisted the urge to call Jim all weekend. She specifically spent time on her appearance that morning, taking time to put loose curls in her hair, more make up than usual. It was everything she had been neglecting for the past few months, ever since she first thought there wasn’t a chance with Jim. But now there was.

 

            Jim had the best night of sleep of his life after he sent the email. Working with Pam? Amazing. All the doubts he had about it disappeared once he hit send.

            Jim spent the weekend working with his camera. He wanted to make sure he was as good as possible before working with Pam. He wasn’t going to screw this opportunity up.

            Jim woke up early on Monday, nervous about what the day would hold. He couldn’t believe he had to sit through eight hours of work, and then two more hours before the class started. But then, for an hour and a half, he would be in the same room as Pam, both doing what they love. He couldn’t wait.

 

            During work, they tiptoed around each other, neither sure if the other wanted them to bring up the class, the possible project, and most important, the fact that they were both single.

            Jim was more like his old self than he had been in the past – he even got up to eat a few jellybeans during the day. They chatted about topical things such as Sudoku times, how annoying Dwight was, nothing too in depth. It was a start.

 

            Pam left work quickly, to get to her watercolor class. She had originally planned on staying for the full watercolor class, and arriving to the experimental mediums class late, but now, she figured it would be the other way around. As much as she enjoyed watercolors, she didn’t want to miss out on any second she could be spending with Jim.

 

            As the class started, Nick smiled as he saw Jim and Pam take a seat next to each other. He hadn’t planned on this, but when he saw it, he couldn’t help getting involved.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans