- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I am watching Casino Night right now. I totally love this show. Anyways, I decided to mention the fabulous artwork I own. I have a great drawing my four-year-old neighbor made me – it shows me as a giant stick figure. I only have one arm in it. And she is just about the size of my foot according to the drawing. And then there is a tree in the background. And a blue sun. Sadly, that drawing is much better than my drawings. As much as I love The Office, that drawing means too much to me and I wouldn’t trade it for ownership of The Office. So, I don’t own The Office (because I am sure if I had said I would trade it, Greg Daniels would just be calling me to make the trade).

Thanks to jenny for betaing.

Pam showed up for work nearly an hour early. She couldn’t wait to see Jim and with able to talk with him, and be friends again. And maybe more than that, she thought, remembering their conversation from nearly a year ago.

 

Jim showed up for work early; he smiled when he saw Pam already there. He had broken up with Karen, and already, it was returning to the before days – before Casino Night, before his confession, before Karen. “So, Pam, I was thinking that Dwight’s bobbleheads are a little hot.”

Pam smiles, but looks confused.

“Think Iceman.” Jim holds up a Tupperware container filled with water. “Let’s go.”

They grab Dwight’s bobbleheads from his desk, and go into the kitchen. They carefully put one in each Tupperware, and stick them in the freezer. “Now we have to hope they freeze fast enough so I can get my Tupperware back.”

Pam cranks up the freezer temperature, “That should help.”

They walk out of the kitchen. “Uh, Jim?” Pam stops short.

“Yeah?”

“I’ve missed this.”

“Yeah, me too,” Jim replies, smiling.

Later, they went back to the freezer. Each bobblehead was incased in ice, and was easily removed from the Tupperware. “So, should we leave them in the freezer, or put the blocks on his desk?”

“Wow, Pam, I like the way you think. Desk. Totally.”

Giggling, Pam grabbed two of the blocks and went out to Dwight’s desk. Thankfully, they were still alone in the office. A few people had arrived, but were in the break room, and didn’t see what Pam and Jim were doing. “Cold, cold, cold,” Pam exclaims, rubbing her hands together to try to get them warm again.

“Hurry Beesly, we still have more bobbleheads to get out here.” Jim places the two he was carrying on the desk. They hurry back to the kitchen to get the last few, and place them on the desk. Both of their hands were freezing now. They sat down at their desks and pretended to work.

When Dwight arrived a few minutes later, before he even sat down, he noticed the bobbleheads. “Dammit Jim!”

Pam and Jim turned to each other and smiled. Yep, things were looking good.

 

At lunchtime, they sat together in the break room for the first time in months. They caught up on everything that had happened since Jim left (carefully avoiding talk of why Jim left). Then they talked about art and the possible project.

“So, um,” Pam starts to say, not really sure how to phrase it.

“Exactly. How do we start?” Jim knows what she is going for.

He always knows what I am thinking. “Well, usually, when I do joint projects, I think its best to sort of, um, see the other person in their element, how they work, and stuff like that.”

“So, like, I watch you draw, and you watch me take pictures?”

“Yeah. Except right now, I’m really into watercolors, not just drawing.”

“Awesome. So, maybe after work, I could stop by your place, see how you work?”

“Sure.” Pam smiles – this was going better than she thought. “And I could make dinner. Unless that would be too weird.” She adds the last bit on quickly. She doesn’t want to seem too forward.

“No, sounds great.”

Technically, I have a class tonight, but, this; this is worth skipping it for. “Okay, see you around 6:30?”

“I’ll be there.”

Chapter End Notes:
Yes, the Dunder Mifflin freezer is a super freezer, which can freeze anything in ice very fast. Go with it. The prank is kinda lame, but I couldn’t think of anything better, and I didn’t want to repeat anything already done. And, for some reason, a prank seemed like the perfect thing for this chapter.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans