- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I wasn’t going to post today. I am insanely busy. But, I just got some amazing news and am amazingly happy. So, therefore, you are rewarded with new secret.

I do own a digital camera as I have mentioned before. And Michael used a digital camera in the Christmas Party episode. So, that means I own The Office, right? No? Darn.

Jenny betaed for me

The next day was Wednesday, and Pam and Jim had their class again. They made plans to meet up afterwards so she could see him in action.

Pam was more excited than she could imagine. Last night had been amazing, and tonight held even more promise. It wasn’t dinner, but it was at night, outside, and photography. It seemed so romantic in Pam’s mind.

“Got your walking shoes on?” Jim asked Pam as they left the class. Pam shows off her tennis shoes. “Wow, not the Keds. I’m impressed.”

“I do own other shoes, silly. So where are we going?”

“Lake Scranton.”

“Seriously?”

“You think I’m joking?”

“No, just, Lake Scranton? I’ve been there before, but I never thought of it as an artistic spot.”

“Ah, you just haven’t looked right then. Like, I mean, look. Right now.”

The sun was just setting, and the clouds were stretched across the horizon. The colors were amazing – from bright orange to deep blue.

“Wow…” was all Pam could say.

Jim drove to Lake Scranton and parked in his favorite spot. It was away from the main “touristy” area of the lake, along a deserted side road.

“Is this even a parking space?” Pam asked. It seemed as if they just parked in an abandoned alleyway.

“It works as one. Besides, I’ve been here a few times, and no one has complained. Now let’s get walking, Beesly.”

Jim led the way through the forest surrounding the lake. As he walked, he explained how he worked.

“I just try to notice the beauty in nature. It’s so pure. I mean, it sounds cheesy, I know. But, look at that tree. Notice all those branches sticking out, and all those little bugs flying around.” Jim notices Pam shuddering at the thought of bugs. “Don’t worry, they don’t bite or anything. But, really, I just think that is such a cool little scene.”

They walked in silence for most of the night, Jim taking pictures, Pam just watching him. She loved this side of him (well, I love all of him, she admitted to herself). He was so quiet and passionate.

“Wow…” Jim stopped short, staring at the sky.

“What?” Pam asked, looking up. She saw the moon, but she didn’t think there was anything that special about it.

“Come back here,” Jim said. Pam couldn’t tell what difference a few feet would make, but she obeyed. “Now, look up, through the trees.” Pam looked and saw. The moon was shining through the branches. She couldn’t describe how amazing it looked.

Jim kept fiddling with his camera, trying to find the best settings. He wanted to hurry, he didn’t want the moment to change before he got the shot. Finally, he found some that worked – letting enough light in that you could see the branches and the moon.

As they walked back out to Jim’s car, Pam felt his hand close around hers. It just felt right.

Right before they got there, Jim let go. He took one last photograph – of her. “I couldn’t leave without taking a picture of the most beautiful thing I saw.”

Chapter End Notes:

There is a Lake Scranton. I found it on Google Maps. Google rules the world

One chapter and an epilogue left. :). should have it all up by the end of the weekend if not sooner.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans