- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I do own Jenna Fischer’s autograph. I still get happy thinking about that every day. *smiles to herself* Okay, I guess I should get off of happy land. I would be in even more happy land if I could get John’s autograph. But, still, having Jenna’s is just awesome. But, for the last time this fic – I don’t own The Office.

Jenny was amazing and betaed most of this for me, cleaning up a lot of little grammar stuff and getting rid of excess descriptions.

“Damn, Beesly! You have way too much stuff.” Jim sat the last box on top the coffee table.

“Speak for yourself. I know I carried in at least 5 boxes for you.”

It had been only a few months since that night, but Pam and Jim had quickly decided that they should get a place together. They spent all their time together anyways, it was cheaper just paying one rent.

Their class had ended, but both were taking other classes. Pam had fallen in love with experimental mediums and was currently in a class that dealt with varying textures. Jim had dabbled in a few other art forms, but kept going back to photography. When they bought the new house, Pam had surprised Jim by giving him a darkroom of his own. Now he would be able to develop pictures and test new methods without having to stay after class.

“So what should be the first thing we do in our new place?” Jim asked.

“Well, I say light a fire, relax on the couch, and who knows,” Pam says suggestively. “But first, we have to unpack one thing.” Pam pulls out their art project.

It had taken nearly a month to complete. It was the biggest undertaking either one of them had done. It had drawings, paintings, pictures, sketches, even some items glued on, making it 3D. The theme was Journey, and it showed everything that they could think of, items that symbolized their journey together. Sketches of Jim, the photograph that Jim took of Pam that one night, petals from the first flowers that Jim gave Pam, a napkin from the restaurant of their first real date, all overlayed and overlapped each other. On top was written the lyrics to ‘My Everything,” which they both thought described their relationship pretty well.

Jim took the picture frame from her, and set it on the mantle. “It deserves a place of honor.” Jim lit the fire, and they cuddled up on the couch.

“Love ya.”

“Love ya, too.”

They never got tired of saying that.

Chapter End Notes:

Yes, ‘My Everything’ is a stupid pop song. I was having a hard time finding a song that worked with JAM and that had a title that fit. So, I chose that one. There are much better songs, but this worked.

It is finished. Who’d thought that would ever happen. 19 chapters, like a kajillion words. Way longer than I thought

I would like to thank every single person who has read, reviewed, and was just amazing. So thanks! And once life isn't as crazy, I have other ideas that are floating around, so I will probably be back.



EmilyHalpert is the author of 44 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Jim's Secret also liked 2175 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans