- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

If I could make a list of everyone who has been so amazing in comments and messages and everything… well, that list would be longer than this chapter. But seriously, every review I get, every email, every message, heck, even every reply to reviews I get just like, warm my heart and make me get all happy. You guys are the greatest most amazingest people ever. Yes, I did just invent the word amazingest to describe ya’ll.

This may get kinda confusing. The italics are thoughts… and the regular is what is said. Hopefully you can figure it all out.

I own a soccer ball. Soccer was totally my life until my knee went out. I still miss soccer. But, I own the ball, I don’t own The Office. I will always own a soccer ball, and I fear I will never own The Office.

Thanks Devon (DayDreamBeliever) and Jenny (sharky) for betaing for me! It would have been far more confusing without your help.

“Do you two know each other or something?” Nick asked, picking up on the tension that was surrounding them.

            “Um, yeah, we work together,” Pam explained. If you can call it that.

            “Yeah, buts it’s like a big office,” Jim said. But I spend 8 hours a day just a few feet from her.

            “Yeah, I mean, we don’t talk a lot really.” But, god, I wish we did. I miss that.

            Ouch. We talk… right? “I knew Pam was interested in art though… never thought I would run into her here though.” Okay, maybe on some level I hoped I would.

            “Yeah, I mean, I talked about it some. But Jim had never mentioned his interest before.” What type of art? I mean, never once in the four years I have known him.

            “I mean, I just got started… I didn’t really want to tell anyone about it yet, I mean, Pam is just a co-worker.” Ouch. She isn’t just a coworker. It’s Karen I didn’t want to tell. What have I gotten myself into?

            Just a co-worker? “Oh yeah, I can understand that. I mean, it took me a while to share anything when I was starting out.” Expect for with you. I could tell you anything. Could. Not can.

 

            Nick glanced back and forth between Pam and Jim. He wasn’t a part of the conversation anymore – he realized he never was. He didn’t know what had happened between the two of them, but he figured, there was more to the conversation than what was being said. He slipped out, and went to his class. He figured Jim would join in when he was ready. This conversation was more important than the class.

 

            “Yeah, some things should just remain private,” Jim explained Like the fact that I love you. Then we wouldn’t be in this hellhole we are in right now.

            “Exactly. I mean, co-workers are just that. It’s not like we’re family,” Pam replied. Even though I imagine living the rest of my life with you.

             “I know. Its just, combining personal stuff and work, it just doesn’t work.” But we could make it work. Screw it. She isn’t interested.

            “Yeah. I mean, think of how messy that would be.” It would be worth all the mess in the world if I could be with you.

            “It’s better this – “ Jim suddenly pauses. “Nick? Oh crap, I guess I am late… um, bye Pam.” Jim rushed off down the hall, his face flushed. What the hell did I just do?

 

            Pam stared after Jim. What the hell just happened here?
Chapter End Notes:

So, was that talking/thinking thing confusing? Hopefully not to bad. I just had that idea last night, and figured it was a good way to get that across.

Reviews are like memories of playing soccer. Okay, that analogy really does make sense in my brain, but, to explain it would take a whole page. So just go with me on this one, and leave me a review.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans