- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Again, thanks for all the amazing reviews.

I am posting this now, because I have to be on my computer to write a sucky lab write up. How am I supposed to explain why my dog will wait 10 minutes for me to kick a ball?

You know something else I own… I own the first five seasons of CSI on DVD. It’s a good show. Anyway, I own that on DVD, but I don’t own The Office. Got it? Good. Now read and don’t sue.

Thanks to Jenny (sharky) for the beta, because, well, she is awesome.

            Jim hung up on Karen soon after that. How in the world… Karen was drunk off her ass, and knew that Jim was lying. Okay, she still didn’t know about what, but it wasn’t a good start.

            “Maybe she will be so hung over she will forget about this in the morning…” Jim hoped.

 

            Jim got to work early the next day, hoping to catch Pam alone, and tell her not to mention last night. When he got to the office, however, Pam wasn’t at her desk. Sighing, he sat down.

            “Hm…” There was a package on Jim’s desk. It wasn’t there when Jim left yesterday, but then again, he had left early. Opening it carefully, he knew instantly who it was from. He looked around, and noticed movement in the break room. Putting roll of film on his desk, he walked back to the break room.

 

            After last night, Pam didn’t know what to think. She wasn’t even sure if she should act like last night even happened. It was obvious Jim didn’t want her to know; obviously they weren’t as close as she thought. Still, the fact that Jim was taking photography classes wouldn’t leave her mind. She dug around in some boxes she had stored, and found what she was looking for. An old roll of film. She had switched to digital a last year, and this roll was never used. Maybe it would be a nice icebreaker.

            She went to the office extremely early. She was usually always one of the first ones there, but today, she needed to be the first. And it gives me time to take it back, she thought, doubt still lingering whether it was the right thing to do. After she places the envelope on his desk, she went to the break room. She didn’t want to be around when he opened the package. For nearly fifteen minutes, she stayed in the break room. She tried to draw, but wasn’t able to concentrate. Then, she heard the door open.

 

            “Hey…” Jim said, hesitantly.

            “Hey.” Pam replied. She had no idea what to say. He had seen the film, right?

            “Thanks for the film… I’m using a lot of it these days.” Why does this not feel natural? It’s just Pam.

            “Yeah, I figured. I mean, photography, that’s neat.”

            “I’m enjoying it…” Jim lets that thought linger. “Um, I guess I better get back to my desk… that paper doesn’t sell itself.” Okay, that was officially pathetic.

 

            Karen arrived close to ten. Jim spent the entire morning wondering about her – should he call? Okay, he knew he should have called, she was probably very hung over and sick. Jim feared the anger. If she had any memory of going to Mark’s, it was going to be messy.

            Karen walked in, and very deliberately avoided Jim. Yep, messy indeed. She walked straight into the break room, and Jim cautiously followed.

            The door hadn’t even closed when Karen started. “Where the hell where you last night?”

Chapter End Notes:

So, this chapter was supposed to be all Jim/Karen and arguing and stuff, but I guess that will be the next chapter. My fingers have a life of their own, and they typed all that stuff about the film before I knew what happened. So, yeah.

Reviews are like… good grades on difficult tests. And since I can’t seem to get any of those, I figure, try for reviews. :)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans