- Text Size +

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Pam looked at Karen, shocked. "What?"

"It would be funny. He likes you, Pam."

Karen's smile warmed Pam's heart. As soon as Karen walked away, Pam headed toward the couch. The journal was lying on the floor next to him. She picked it up and placed it in the locked bottom drawer of the file cabinets behind her desk. She hoped it would be safe in there - for the time being. She sighed. If only Creed had known what was going to happen... She walked back towards the couch, and stared silently at the figure draped across the blue cushions.

The entire mayhem was driving Jim into having a major headache. He was lost in his thoughts until he felt a pair of lips on his own. After the short kiss, he opened his eyes slowly. There was Pam just staring at him with a mischievous smile. "Beesly, what was that for?"

"I don't know. You seemed to be having a rough day and I figured that-"

He reached over and kissed her. After a few moments, they broke the kiss again. She looked at him. "And what was that for?"

"To stop you from babbling." He smiled while she hit him playfully in the arm. The two continued to look into each other's eyes. No other words were needed. Jim picked up Pam off her knees and placed her on his lap. Over the span of half an hour, they talked about what had happened. "I can't believe that Creed knew about that kiss," Jim said, looking at her with a smile.

"I know!" Pam chuckled. "Apparently, he knew about a lot of things." Pam ran her fingers through his hair.

"Yeah. So, I know that Angela's and Dwight's secret is out, too. Dwight was so..." Jim paused and looked around. "Where are those two?"

"I don't know. The last time I saw them was about an hour ago when Dwight called us back in here. I don't think either one came in."

Jim looked over at the main office door and said, "They might be still in the hallway."

Pam got up first and Jim followed. No one was in the hallway.

"They just ran off like that without telling anyone?" Jim asked.

Pam was actually a bit worried, considering what Angela had told her. "They probably have their reasons. I mean, they-"

At that moment, the elevator door rang and Dwight and Angela stepped out. They were smiling and laughing together, but stopped short when they noticed Jim and Pam in front of them. The four of them stared at each other for several seconds, unsure of what to say.

Dwight noticed Jim holding Pam's hand. He looked at Jim, and smirked. "So, when would our first double date be?"

After a few moments passed to digest the question, Jim laughed. "Name place and time, buddy."

"How about tonight? So that we can celebrate." Dwight really couldn't contain the happiness inside.

Pam looked at Angela. "Celebrate what?"

Angela raised her left hand. "Our engagement."

Jim and Pam looked shocked and happy at the same time. "Wow, congratulations," Jim said, reaching out to shake hands and exchange a hug. Pam reached out to hug Angela. She was surprised how genuinely happy she felt for both of them. "I'm so happy for you," Pam said as she went to hug Dwight as well. She knew that Angela had told Dwight about her problem, against all her fears, but he still proposed. Apparently, some consequences weren't always bad, Pam thought. She looked at Angela's beautiful ring.

"We just got back from both of our parents' places," Angela gushed. "Normally, Daddy would be upset that he and Mother weren't asked first, but he saw how happy I was, of course, they gave their blessings. And at Dwight's parents', his mother gave him this ring to give to me." She held out her hand again to show them. "It's his great-grandmother's. From Germany."

Jim and Pam instantly exchanged a look. The same thought ran through both their heads, but neither was going to say it. Nonetheless, the ring was beautiful.

"Jim, I have a favor to ask you." Dwight interrupted Jim's thoughts. Dwight's expression had become serious.

"Sure, Dwight, anything."

"Would you be my best man? I would ask Mose, but he's terrible at speeches and actually doing things, and I don't want anything to go wrong. Weddings are very important to Schrutes."

Jim was speechless for a moment as he processed the request in his head. He then nodded. "I would be honored, Dwight. Thank you." After a small pause, Jim added. "Would this by any chance be in a graveyard?"

Dwight's expression changed again. "Do not mock Schrute tradition. However, that decision is being left for my bride."

Angela looked at Dwight. "I plan on making a pro-and-con list based on our conversation yesterday and any other information." She turned to Pam and took Pam's hands into her. "You probably already know what I'm going to ask you."

Pam smiled, ducking her head down.

"Would you like to take Ash?" Angela asked.

Pam's head shot up to look at her, unable to keep her face from falling. "Your kitten? Angela, um, I-"

"I'm joking!" Angela smiled. "He was already taken."

Pam felt as confused as ever. That woman really needed to work on her sense of humor, she thought.

"Pam, I would love for you to be my maid-of-honor. You've been really great in helping me and Dwight in our relationship and it's my way of saying ‘Thank you.'"

Pam felt tears spring to her eyes. She wasn't able to get any words out, but did manage a little head jiggle. The two embraced.

"Wow! That's hot." The four of them turned to see Michael in the doorway. "See, Dwight?" he said, poking Dwight in the arm. "I told you Angela could be a gay woman." Dwight just looked at him, and Jim tried to hold back his laughter. "I have to say, though," Michael continued, "I didn't expect that from Pam... wow... well, Angela is better looking that the blow-up doll..."

Jim learned over towards Dwight. "So, seriously, how long can you keep this secret?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks everyone for reading! I hope that y'all liked it. :)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans