- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I was feeling grumpy and needed to smother myself in Jim and Pam happiness. Hope it cheers you if you need it to. Nothing deep, nothing profound. Just how nice It Could Be.

I only own my hopes and fears for these characters, not the characters themselves. No copywrite infrigement intended.

"Tell me again why we are here?"


"Because," Jim said slowly, "Tomorrow is Dwight's birthday. I offered to go out and get the decorations, and I needed your advice on colors."


Pam giggled. "And that's why we are standing here in the middle of your living room on a Tuesday morning instead of in Party Max or Hallmark?"


Jim slipped off his jacket and threw it on the chair, and nodded in silent agreement. Then he kicked off his shoes and grinned at Pam. "You might as well get comfortable, Pam. This could take a while."


"You have a party supply store in your apartment?" She teased as she dropped her shoes next to his at the front door. She took a step over to him, and ran her hands up his chest, feeling the cool slickness of his tie under her fingers. It was patterned with shades of blues and greens and she knew it would make his eyes look even greener when she bought it for him. She smiled up at him, looking into those very green eyes as she loosened his tie and pulled it away with a flourish. "How very convenient."


"You never know when you'll want to celebrate something," he replied, pressing his lips gently against hers as he slid her blue cardigan off her shoulders. He tossed her sweater on top of his jacket without breaking their kiss. Pam smiled against his lips as she began to unbutton his blue shirt.


"I always feel like celebrating when I'm here," she said, clearly amused. She stepped back and grabbed both of his hands in hers. "C'mon," she said, pulling him through the living room. "Let's see what you've got."


"I'll be amazed if you find anything you haven't seen before," he laughed, following her through his bedroom door.


She stopped at the foot of his bed and finished the final two buttons on his shirt. "So would I," she said, her face already flushing in excitement. She pulled the shirt down off his arms and let it drop to the floor. "In fact I have very high expectations of what's waiting for me."


His voice dipped even lower than usual. "Far be it for me to disappoint you."


Their kisses became deeper, more intense as the rest of their attire made its way to the floor as well. Pam giggled as she crawled across the bed, pulling the sheets back and then trying to pull them back up before he caught her. He grabbed her around the waist and she practically squealed in surprise and delight.


"Wow, Pam," Jim laughed, lying back on his pillow with her clasped firm to his side. "I do have neighbors, you know."


"Well, watch where you grab! That tickled," she replied, still laughing.


In a sudden movement he rolled over, covering her body with his own. "Does that tickle as well?"


Pam was no longer laughing, but her expression was still one of delight. "Oh heavens no," she said, her lips curling into a smile. "This is much better."


"Glad you agreed to come along on this expedition?" He asked her between kisses, his mouth working its way across her neck and shoulders while his hands seemed bent on a mission to try and find one spot on her body that didn't feel like velvet to him.


He could feel her laughter. "Aren't you glad?" she replied, her hands stroking his back in long sweeps. "I mean, what if Angela had insisted on going with you?"


"Then I guess she would have had the pleasure of selecting the party supplies."


Pam dissolved into giggles once more. "Is that what we're calling this now? 'Selecting the party supplies'??" Jim tried hard to maintain his composure but soon he was laughing along with her, his forehead resting against her shoulder.


When the moment passed he looked up at her, and she put her hand against his cheek. "You know how absolutely crazy in love I am with you, Jim, don't you?" She asked.


He smiled slightly, and turned his face to kiss her palm. "I think you might have said something to that effect this morning, actually."


"Good," she said, no longer feeling like laughing. "Because I am. I love you so much."


He brought his hand up through her hair and kissed her once more. "You mean everything to me, Pam." He murmured. "Everything."


They both knew they didn't have the luxury of time, but couldn't bring themselves to feel guilty about sneaking away from work for a few moments together. It wasn't as if Dunder Mifflin, mostly through its agent of Michael Scott, didn't take from them from time to time. They both still felt like they were making up for lost time, even if they'd been using that excuse for months now.


When they were done, well - done for now, Pam snuggled close and Jim pulled the blanket up around them. "Now don't fall asleep this time," He jokingly scolded her. "I don't think anyone's going to buy another four hour shopping trip."


"I didn't mean to fall asleep," she replied, poking him gently in the chest. "Can I help that you completely wore me out?"


"So it was my fault?" He asked, turning toward her with his eyebrow raised.


"Entirely." She nodded. "Besides, you fell asleep, too! I was the one who woke up and noticed the time."


He kissed her forehead. "It would have been rude to let you sleep alone."


"Oh," she smirked, rolling her eyes. "You are so considerate and kind."


"Kindess is one of my better virtues."


She sat up on her elbows. "Maybe," she grinned. "But I think I might prefer your vices."


They finally forced themselves out of bed and back into their work clothes when they realized they'd already been gone from the office for well over ninety minutes.


"We are going to have to run into Hallmark and grab the first things we find," Pam said, standing by the front door and slipping her shoes and cardigan back on.


"Oh, thanks for saying that. I nearly forgot," Jim replied, putting his jacket on as he walked toward the hall closet. He opened the door and pulled out a large white plastic shopping bag, the words Party Max emblazoned on red.


He saw Pam's wide-eyed look and the question on her face. "I bought this stuff last night," Jim explained, giving her one last lingering kiss before he opened the door. "It would be rude to forget Dwight's birthday supplies."



time4moxie is the author of 77 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked Party Supplies also liked 2632 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans