- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
And now the epilogue.  Thank you to everyone who read and supported this story, it means a lot to me!  Enjoy!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Weddings do funny things to people. Maybe it’s the champagne, or the traditions, or nieces throwing rose petals as they walk down the aisle, but weddings have this way of shedding light on a rare side of the human race. They make assistants to the regional manager blink back tears, they make uptight accountants unwind, and make human resources employees crack a smile.

And they especially make a paper salesman and a receptionist burst with joy.

They had snuck off to a hallway when the DJ had the audacity to play the Bunny Hop, grabbing two plates of wedding cake as they scurried off. Pam leaned against the wall and sunk down to the floor, her veil sliding over her head as she did. Jim sat against the opposite wall, kicking off his too-tight dress shoes and loosening his tie.

“The Bunny Hop?” Pam asked in between a fit of giggles.

“It wasn’t my idea…though I’m still waiting for the Macarena I requested.”

Pam took off her veil and used it to hit Jim playfully in the arm. “Hey, where did Michael and Jan run off to?”

Jim shrugged taking a bite of cake. “I think after she caught your bouquet she ran for the nearest exit and Michael wasn’t too far behind her.” He paused and smiled at her. “You and your dad looked good dancing out there.”

Pam smoothed out a wrinkle in her white satin dress and pulled her knees to her chest. “I think he’d been practicing, he was so scared of stepping on my feet.”

The two simultaneously let out a huge sigh, causing both of them to laugh.

“Weddings are exhausting,” Pam said while stifling a yawn.

“Good thing this is the only one you’ll have to go through.”

“Promise?” She asked, her voice timid.

Jim gave her a smirk. “Isn’t that what I just did about a half hour ago? You know, on that altar, with all those people watching…”

“Alright, smart guy, I get it.”

They continued to sit in the hallway, savoring their time alone since they had barely been able to see each other during the reception. Numerous women, with Kelly leading the pack, had been fawning over Pam the entire time, and Michael had dragged Jim aside to give him advice about the wedding night. And while the newlyweds appreciated their friends’ and families’ support, they were happiest in that hotel hallway, laughing as they fed each other wedding cake.

“Well, Beesley, we did it,” Jim said, taking Pam’s hand in his.

She grinned at him. “Yes we did, except you know you can’t call me that anymore.”

“Why not?”

“Because I’m not Beesley anymore,” Pam stated, a smile twitching at the corners of her mouth.

“I don’t know if there’s enough room in Scranton, PA for two Halperts. Besides, I fell in love with you calling you Beesley, it brings back good memories,” he said leaning forward, kissing her on the forehead.

“Well then I suppose it’s okay,” Pam said with a wink. She scooted across the floor to sit next to him, resting her head on his shoulder. Jim laced his left hand through hers and gazed at the two glimmering rings before him.

“This was a good day,” Pam sighed with contentment.

“I should hope so. But you know what will be a better one?”

Pam looked up at him and frowned. “What?”

He bent his head down till their noses touched. “Tomorrow,” Jim said, kissing her softly. “The day after.”
 

Chapter End Notes:
Last chance to get in reviews while they're still on sale!


Wendy Blue is the author of 18 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 15 members. Members who liked Something Borrowed also liked 2500 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans