- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I want to thank Alex Wert for the idea to use popsicles! Such a good idea!

 I hope you guys like this chapter! :) Enjoy

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Pam was shredding a pile of papers that Michael had given her earlier in the day. “They’re e-mails between me and Jan. I accidentally let it slip that I print them out and she got mad. I don’t understand what the big deal is – I mean, it’s proof of our feelings for one another, I don’t see why she doesn’t want to cherish them as I do, it’s--.”

 

“Michael!” Pam cut him off. “It’s ok, just give me them, I’ll shred them, no problem.”

 

“Great! Well …. Oh, by the way, Jan doesn’t want anyone to read them, so try to keep your prying eyes off. Unless you really want to read them, and if that’s the case, I suggest e-mail number five… Jan gives a nice description of –“

 

“No problem” She interjected, grabbing the papers. The last thing she wanted to read was the detailed account of whatever private shenanigans that go on between Jan and Michael.

 

Michael had walked away, muttering how the heat had made Pam cranky.

 

But she didn’t give it another thought she shredded the supposed explicit e-mails. She didn’t pay attention to much except the heat. She even tried picturing herself in the artic, with cold air blowing all around her, snow flakes hitting her face and her feet cold from the wet snow. But it was to no avail, it was hot.

 

Her shredding was interrupted when she heard a deep male voice clear his throat from the other side of the reception desk. She couldn’t suppress her laugh when she saw Jim standing there, with massive armpit sweat stains. Even the rim of his collar was beginning to show wetness.

 

“Classy Beesley, I come over here to give you a gift, and you laugh at me.”

 

“I’m sorry.” She apologized, “It’s just that… wow, did you even attempt to put some deodorant on this morning?”

 

“Funny. And yes, I did. I have very good hygiene, thank you very much. I just didn’t anticipate it being 100 degrees in the office, plus this color blue accentuates the wet marks, it’s embarrassing, but thanks for pointing it out.” He smiled at her as he tried giving her a hard time.

 

“What if I make it up to you?” She asked. She mentally thanked the desk for being there to hide the fact that her legs were trembling and her voice faltered slightly as she said it.

 

He smiled at her unexpected question, “What did you have in mind?”

 

“Well, since the air conditioner is broken in the office, I was thinking that maybe we could eat lunch in my car… the air conditioner there works great.” She waited to read his face, and when a smile told her that he was going to say yes, she continued “And maybe it could help with your… problem…” motioning towards his sweat stains.

 

“I appreciate the concern. I think I will take you up on the offer.” He took a step backwards towards his desk while saying “By the way, if you want to see some serious sweat…” he looked behind him and whispered “take a look at Kevin”, giving her one of his Cheshire smiles.

 

Shaking her head at him, she laughed as she turned back to the shredder.

 

“Oh, I almost forgot.” Jim said, having walked back towards the reception desk.

 

The phone rang at that exact moment and Jim’s “This is for you” was diluted by Pam’s “Dunder-Mifflin, this is Pam.” She gave him an ‘I’m sorry’ shrug as he walked back to his desk, leaving her to gaze at the paper fan Jim had clearly made, which he left on top of her desk, next to the candy dish. “Hold on, I’ll transfer you.”

 

Pam couldn’t tell whether the fan actually helped or hindered the heat. She enjoyed the cool breeze and relief it provided, but then she grew hotter from the warm sensation she felt thinking that this was a gift from Jim. She knew her breaking point was coming soon. When Jim came back to Scranton with Karen a little less than a year ago, she had pushed aside any declarations for him of her feelings, not wanting to be that girl who breaks up a happy couple. But Karen had been gone for a few months now. Jim seemed to be happy again. He had put it all out there for her on Casino Night, so the least she could do was initiate it this time. To tell him this time, and wait to see his reaction.

 

If he says no, at least I tried.  She thought to herself, wondering if Jim gave himself these pep talks before he told her.

 

She looked over to see Jim waving his paper fan in Dwight’s direction. “Jim, body odor is nothing to be ashamed of. I happen to enjoy my own body scent, I will not apologize for it, nor will I do anything about it. Did you know that deodorant actually inhibits the body’s natural sweat production, which could cause a rash or other bodily reaction? Probably not.”

 

Before she could see Jim’s reaction, her attention was turned to Ryan who just walked into the office with two filled shopping bags in his hands.

 

At this moment, Michael ran out of his office screaming like a child “Popsicles!!!! Surprise Dunder-Mifflinites, I had Ryan go out and get Popsicles to relieve your heat stroke!” He turned to Pam, “Feel free to take off your shirt if you feel yourself overheating…” Pam looked at him in disbelief “Haha, just kidding… unless you really want too…” he whispered the last part.

 

“I’m ok Michael, thanks.”

 

“Ok! Who wants what flavor Popsicle?” Michael said, setting the boxes out.

 

Dwight spoke up first. “I want orange!” Michael obliged

 

“Can I have cherry?” Pam asked, smiling when she received her desired flavor.

 

“A Popsicle for Pamsicle!” Michael laughed at his own joke.

 

“I’ll take a grape.” Jim asked. Pam looked at Jim letting him know how predictable he is.

 

“Can I have a grape too?” Toby asked.

 

“Um, no grape left, here -- have a banana flavored one. Nobody likes banana.” Michael responded.

 

“Michael, there’s an entire box left, there must be another grape. I can see a grape in your box!” Toby tried to protest.

 

“Stop being so selfish and eat your Popsicle, geesh.” Michael scolded. Having no other choice, Toby walked away defeated.

 

Pam and Jim went back to sit at their respective desks. Jim glances up at the clock, mentally noting that there was still an hour and a half till lunch time.

 

He looked over at the reception desk to see Pam licking her Popsicle. He had never been so mesmerized in his entire life… not had he ever been so turned on. He didn’t even realize that grape-flavored Popsicle was dripping down his hands and onto his desk as he gazed at Pam going at it with her cherry-flavored one, clearly trying to keep it from dripping on her. He felt slightly stupid that he was currently jealous of a Popsicle.

 

“Jim!” He heard Dwight calling his name, snapping out of his daydream involving himself, Pam, and another Popsicle. “You are getting Popsicle juice all into your keyboard! That’s damaging company property! Michael!” Dwight screamed after Jim flicked some of the Popsicle juice on his hands into Dwight’s face.

 

He didn’t know whether it was the heat or whether it was just time, but he had decided that at lunch, when he and Pam were in her car, in the cool air, he’d come clean with her. He’d throw himself at her mercy once again, reveal to her that he never stopped loving her, that he and Karen broke up because he couldn’t give her his whole heart since Pam still owned it. He would tell here that he was still in love with her and that she is the only one who can make him whole.

 

He looked back at Pam, and felt the pangs of disappointment when he saw she had finished her Popsicle and was doing something on her computer.

 

He glanced up for the twentieth time at the clock.

 One hour and fifteen minutes left till lunch. He thought before trying his best to busy himself with work.  
 
Chapter End Notes:
Please review!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans