- Text Size +

Are played in loops 'till it's madness in my head

As Jim drove to meet Karen, his heart beat rapidly against his chest. He’d done it. He told her. And he should have been happy or relieved or free, but he wasn’t. Because he’d walked back into Dunder Mifflin Scranton, right into her arms, and directly into her heart.

No matter how hard he’d fought, ignored, denied, refuted, hated it, she still had him. He still fully belonged to her. That’s why he told her in the parking lot about Karen. Because he wanted to break the hold she had on him, wanted to prove that he had moved on, wanted to show himself that Pamela Beesly was nothing more than his friend.

But for reasons he could not fathom, as the distance between him and Karen shortened and grew between him and Pam, he remembered when he’d cruelly joked that he hadn’t been the one to leave her at a hockey game after their "first date", he asked her if she wanted to be a receptionist here always, he informed her that he was leaving two days before her wedding, he admitted that he’d filed the complaint with Toby about her planning her wedding, he confessed that he was in love with her, he told her that he was sorta seeing someone.

But the truth, the truth would always be, that the only person he saw was the only person he could never have.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans