- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So last year on the last day of school, I wrote chapter 1. As I was sitting here today (my last day of this year) waiting for my ride to pick me up, I decided to write two more. Enjoy!

Kelly

She shuts her locker and grabs the books that her parents insisted she purchase from school so that she can continue to study during the summer.

She knows that her classmates will be busying themselves with parties and bonfires tonight. She’ll be at a quiet family dinner and maybe tonight she’ll be the star instead of her sister, the 19-year old college senior.   

As she walks down the hall she passes a gaggle of popular girls…pink, pretty, giggling.

They don’t notice her as she passes and she thinks that maybe once she gets to college she can become someone else.

 

Ryan

He skips his graduation because he doesn’t care. He’s not one for walking across the stage and shaking hands and throwing hats. Besides, he knows he’d be the shortest in all of the photos.

He’s been taking business courses at the community college at night, trying to get a jump start on something bigger…something better…something out of here.

He wants to make something of himself. He wants to attend his 10 year reunion knowing that he “won”.  He has something to prove.

A week later his diploma arrives in the mail.

He throws it away.  

He’s ready to move on.

Chapter End Notes:

I always wonder about the Kelly we saw in the early episodes and what happened to change her into the Kelly we know and love today. I just figured she would have been more like the character we saw in "Diversity Day" in high school.

 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans