- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jim and Pam visit an amusement park as part of their Memorial Day weekend. Spoilers through "The Job."

Pam woke the next morning to the sound of Jim fixing coffee at the little coffee station in their room. She smiled at the scent and sat up. Jim brought her a cup of coffee and handed her a few packets of sugar and creamer. She fixed it the way she liked it and watched Jim as he fixed his own cup.

"So what's the plan for today?"

Jim shrugged, and Pam knew that meant he had a full day planned. She finished her coffee and jumped into the shower. She then pulled on her most comfortable jeans and that deep red shirt she had bought online. Jim smiled widely when he saw it on her, and that made her glad that she had brought it.

Jim put on some jeans and a dark green t-shirt. Without a word, Jim took Pam's hand and led her out of the room, down to the lobby, and out to the car. The two got in and began to drive. Pam was curious where they were going as they headed south on the PA I-81. It wasn't very long before they reached their destination: Knoebels Amusement Park.

Pam let out a laugh, covering her mouth, when she saw where they were.

"Pam, I'm guessing you are a risk-taker," Jim began, leading her through the admission gates. "So I will say that you would like to try the... Power Surge."

"The Power Surge, huh?" she said, allowing him to lead her to the ride.

"Yes. The Power Surge," he repeated. "According to the brochure," he said, taking out a map/pamphlet from his back pocket (which he had apparently picked up when they entered the park). " 'Once you’re in your seat and the ride begins, it’s hard to tell which way is up.' Hm. Sounds like a meeting with Michael."

Pam laughed and held onto his arm as they approached the end of the line. "Hey, you think we can talk Michael into taking us here for like, a company... um, bonding day or something."

"Oh, we totally could," Jim agreed. "Do you think Ryan will approve the company paying for it?"

Pam laughed again. "I really doubt it. But it's worth a try." She thought a moment. "Yeah, no, I don't think he would."

They waited in line another minute before Pam spoke up again. "So totally out of the blue about Ryan, huh? I mean, whod've thought the guy who started as a temp would be the one to take Jan's place?"

"Yeah, totally random," Jim agreed. "So I was thinking about Vodkaski," Jim began.

"Oh! I had an idea!" Pam burst out. "So you know how Andy plays the banjo?"

Jim nodded. "Why, yes, I do. I think we both know about Andy's banjo-playing skills."

Pam smiled and rolled her eyes. "Well, I was thinking that we could convince Dwight that the banjo has like, special mind-control abilities, and then convince Andy to bring in his banjo and play it for us all."

"Beesly, you're killing me!" Jim sighed, shaking his head. "Is that all you've got? I didn't realize how detrimental my time in Stamford was. You're losing it. Ok, this is what we do: We'll find a website that has a whole bunch of Russian words on it, and then you print it out with a fax cover sheet with Andy's name on it. When Andy is gone--breakroom or bathroom or something--leave the 'fax' on his desk. Dwight will become curious, and I will tell him that I can help him to find out if Andy really is a Russian spy. I will tell him that I took Russian in college, and will 'translate' it for him."

"Ooh! this is great," Pam said, clasping her hands together in front of her chest. "You're right--this is much better than the banjo. AND, we won't have to listen to Andy playing his banjo."

"Exactly," Jim concurred. "You gotta get back in the swing of things, Bees, seriously."

Pam nodded. "I know, I'm workin' on it." Pam smiled girlishly and attached herself to Jim's side once again.

After riding the Power Surge, Jim told Pam to pick a ride. She chose the Super Roundup. Jim looked in his brochure for the description. " 'Experience all of the sensations of centrifugal force as you spin and elevate at the same time.' I think we should try that later tonight," he added with a devlish grin.

Pam swatted his arm playfully. "Jim Halpert, you are unbelievable."

"I know, pretty amazing, right?" Jim said, putting his hands on his hips like a superhero.

After a few more rides, Jim suggested they eat.  In the food court, Jim found a little sandwich stand and bought them sandwiches and Cokes. Jim turned to Pam, "Want some chips?"

"Sure," she said, taking the two Cokes and finding a place to sit.

Jim returned with the chips (Cool Ranch Doritos for himself and French Onion Sun Chips for Pam) and sat across from Pam.

"You know what else I was thinking?" Pam said, unwrapping her sandwich.

"That you're super lucky to have an awesome boyfriend like me?"

Pam shook her head with a laugh, although she had to admit that it did feel pretty awesome to acknowledge Jim as her boyfriend. "No, I was thinking that Dwight is inevitably going to tell Michael about his suspicions. What do we do then?"

"Michael won't believe him," Jim said flippantly, taking a bite of his BLT.

"But he'd probably believe you," Pam said with a sparkle in her eye.

Jim smiled, shaking his head. "Beesly, you are incredible. Welcome back."

Pam grinned. "You too."

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Knoebels: http://www.knoebels.com/


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans