- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
After an enjoyable day at Knoebels, Jim and Pam spend the evening at the Resort.

It was getting dark, and Jim and Pam had ridden all of the rides they had been interested in. The couple walked to Jim's car and got in, ready to start heading back to the resort.

Feeling a little hungry, Jim stopped at Pompei's restaurant. They each had some pasta, salad, and shared a big piece of chocolate cheesecake after the meal. When they had had enough to eat, Jim and Pam went to the resort.

As they walked onto the grounds, Jim noticed the sign for "Vibrations: The Club".

"Hey, let's go there," he suggested. Pam shruged and conceded. She felt a little odd being in a club in just her jeans and a shirt, while all the other girls there were in skin-tight cocktail dresses, and the men were in snazzy suits. But then she realized that she was with Jim, so why would it matter that she was just wearing jeans?

Jim and Pam went up to the bar and ordered. Pam got a Tequila Sunrise, and Jim got a Guiness. After receiving their drinks, Jim and Pam found a table along the wall of the club and watched the people around them.

After her third refill, Pam was really starting to loosen up. Jim laughed at her cute way of nodding with the songs and had an idea. He told her he would be right back and headed for the DJ.

"Hey, man," Jim said with a nod. "Hey, uh, what's your name?"

"Chris," he answered over the music.

"Alright, I'm Jim. Listen, do you take requests?"

"I sure do," Chris assured him. "Whaddya want?"

"Ah, Sing by Travis," Jim told him. "And can you say something when you play it?"

"Sure, man."

 

****

 

Jim returned to the table where Pam was sucking the second drink out of the bottom of her glass.

"Where were you?" Pam shouted over the din.

Jim shrugged. Pam sighed with a roll of her eyes and a wide grin. Another plan.

Suddenly she heard the DJ saying, "Beesly, get on the dance floor. This had better go beyond swaying."

Pam looked to Jim curiously. "What the hell?" she asked, tilting her head. Jim took her hand and led her to the dance floor as "Sing" by Travis began to play. She circled her arms around his neck, staring up at him with a wide grin as they danced to the song:


Baby, you've been going so crazy
Lately, nothing seems to be going right
Solo, why do you have to get so low
You're so...
You've been waiting in the sun too long

But if you sing, sing, sing, sing, sing, sing
For the love you bring won't mean a thing
Unless you sing, sing, sing, sing

Colder, crying on your shoulder
Hold her, and tell her everythings gonna be fine
Surely, you've been going to early
Hurry, cause no one's gonna be stopped

But if you sing, sing, sing, sing, sing, sing
For the love you bring won't mean a thing
Unless you sing, sing, sing, sing

Baby, there's something going on today
But I say nothing, nothing, nothing,
Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing

 

As the song ended, Pam reached up and pulled Jim's face down to hers. She kissed him deeply, pressing her body against his.

He decided he had a better idea and the two quickly left the club in favor of their room. Once there, Jim closed the door firmly behind him and kicked off his shoes. Pam was still attached to his lips, running her hands through his hair. Jim ran his hands along her torso, then lifted the deep red shirt off of her. Pam helped him out of his shirt, and as they stumbled backwards onto the bed, Jim mumbled, "I guess we won't be watching Chasing Amy tonight."

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans