- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jim and Pam spend the weekend together.  Pam sees the true power of Jim's persuasive nature.

Pam arrived at Jim's apartment just before seven.  She was a little surprised to see Jim walking out to his own car with an overnight bag over his shoulder.

"Trying to leave before I get here?" she teased.  Jim paused as he approached her and gave her a quick kiss as he took her bag from her.  

"Yup," he teased in return, that famous Jim grin across his face.  "I guess you caught me."

Pam smiled curiously, wondering what Jim had planned.  "So, where are we going?"

Jim shrugged.  "I don't know.  I figured we'd just drive around till we found someplace to crash."  He set the bags down to unlock his car trunk. 

"Liar," she accused, biting her lip.  Knowing how Jim's mind worked, she wondered what kind of weekend was in store for her.  "Is this why you suggested I pack a bag for the whole weekend?"

"You are so smart, Beesly," he commented as he put the bags into the trunk and closed it.  "That's why I love you."  He planted a kiss on her forehead and went back to his apartment to finish locking up.  Pam followed him there, waiting for him to finish.  He stopped by the fridge to pull out two drinks: a Coke and a grape soda.  He tossed her the Coke and opened the grape soda for himself.

Pam opened the coke as they walked out to the car.  Jim opened the passenger door for her, and she got in.  He closed the door and walked around.  When he got in, Pam looked at him expectantly, hoping he would tell her where they were going.  He didn't, of course, but merely started the car and began to drive. 

After about 40 minutes of driving, they arrived at the Shadowbrook Inn and Resort.  Pam raised her eyebrows at Jim, impressed at his choice of getaways.  

"Wow, this is... wow..." she muttered, looking at the resort around her.  Jim parked and the two got out of the car.  Jim took the bags out of the trunk and headed into the lobby of the inn.   He went to the front desk and told them his reservation number. 

As he filled out the paperwork, a managorial-type man came in and greeted Jim.  "Jim!  Good to see you!" 

"Hey, Dave," Jim said, handing the paperwork back to the front desk clerk.  "How's that cream cardstock workin' out for you?"

"Oh, great, great," Dave said.  "Hey, enjoy your stay and let me know if there's anything you need."

"I sure will.  Thank you, Dave."

After settling into their room, Jim and Pam headed down to the on-site restaurant, the Bogeys Bar and Grille.

"So what exactly are we doing this weekend?" Pam asked, taking a sip of her Moosehead.  

"That, is... a secret."

"Oh a secret, huh?"

"Yes." Jim nodded as he brought his own beer to his lips.  "And you are not getting anything out of me."

"Oh, I'll get something," Pam stated with certainty.   She could only hold her serious look for a few seconds, though.  She soon started laughing and leaned over the table, closer to Jim.  He took her free hand (the one not holding her beer), and held it casually.

After their food had been delivered and eaten, Jim and Pam spent a short time at the bar, just talking and laughing.  After that, they went back to their room.  Jim opened his overnight bag and pulled out a DVD.

"Ooh, a romantic evening of... what is this?" she asked, taking the DVD from him.  "Mallrats?  We're watching Mallrats?   Seriously?"

Jim shrugged.  "Why not?"

Pam rolled her eyes as she sat on the bed and bent over to take her shoes off.  

"It's a classic," Jim said, kicking off his shoes and climbing onto the king-sized bed.  "You'll love it," he promised as she, too, climbed onto the bed.  Pam snuggled up next to Jim as he took up the remote from the nightstand and pressed "Play".   

About the time when TS and Brodie discussed the significance of the Food Court and which eateries were a part of it, Pam finally admitted that she actually was enjoying herself.

"Not as bad  as you thought?" Jim asked when he saw her laughing. 

"No, it's... actually quite funny."

"Well, I'm glad you like it.  We still have four more Kevin Smith movies to watch before the weekend is over," Jim told her.

"Four more?" she echoed.  "Are we having a marathon?"

Jim opened his mouth to speak, but stopped himself and shook his head with a laugh.  "Yeah, a marathon..."

Pam rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms tighter around Jim's middle.  "Yeah, we'll see about that."

"What was that, Beesly?" he asked, pulling away slightly to face her fully.  "Are you teasing me?"

"Always," she growled, lifting her face to kiss his neck.  He bent his head to meet her lips, and the movie was soon forgotten. 

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

The Resort:http://www.shadowbrookresort.com/

 http://keystoneweb.com/users/shadowbrook-cgi/memberspage.cgi?what=rom


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans