- Text Size +

     Right after Jim threw away the empty jello cup Pam sent him an IM. He got up and casually strolled over to her desk. “You rang Beesly?”
     In a hushed tone, she motioned for him to come around to her side of the desk. “I need to show you something,” she whispered.
     His face shone with curiosity but he did as she asked. He leaned down, pretending to look at her computer screen. “What ya got?”
     Pam scanned around making sure they were not being watched. Satisfied that they were alone, she slowly lifted up the hem of her top. Jim’s eyes glanced down and saw a navy blue elastic band peeking out from the top of her skirt. His face caught on fire as she casually smoothed her top back into place. He whispered, “Are those my-“
     “Yep. But they are mine now. You gave them to me Saturday morning, remember?” She looked at him with a mischievous grin on her face.
     “Yeah. I remember. How could I ever forget?” He grinned back at her, still blushing. He was telling Pam the truth. He would never forget.

*********
     He was sitting comfortably on the sofa watching the afternoon baseball game. Appearances can be deceiving however. In truth, his mind was replaying the images from last night. He was vaguely aware of Pam cuddled against him. She was casually flipping through one of his Rolling Stone magazines. He couldn’t help but find her extremely sexy at the moment. She shifted slightly against him as his mind once again revisited the events of just a few hours ago.
     They had talked until after 3 in the morning. He relished it so much. He didn’t realize until last night how much he missed just talking to her. They shared hilarious stories of the events of the past year that each had missed. Subjects like 28 Days and multiple kitchens vs. the single kitchen model came up again. She told him about her art class and how it felt being on her own for the first time in her life. He told her about leaving the first real job he had to move to another state. They both agreed that it had truly felt far.
     They just didn’t talk about the good things. He told her about how he met Karen and how he ended it with her. He was honest about how he had used her for his own protection and how terrible he felt about that. She was honest about Roy and the mistake she made in going back to him. She admitted she used him in much the same way Jim did with Karen. They both were acutely aware how tough it was to talk about these things, but they made it through.
     After glancing at the clock on the wall and noticing the hour hand was on the 3, he became aware of how physically and emotionally wiped out he was. He could tell she was in similar shape. So they sat there in the near-darkness just enjoying the warmth and closeness of each other. His eyes began to get heavy and he covered a yawn with the back of his hand. Sleep started to overtake him. Soft snoring brought him out of his daze. He glanced over and noticed Pam sound asleep against his shoulder. Smiling to himself, he wanted just to stay right there and let her sleep. However, he knew both of their bodies would not thank them in the morning.
     Trying to be as careful as he could, he scooped her up and slowly carried her down the hall to his bedroom. She looked so small in his arms. She murmured something as he gently got her situated in his bed. He kissed her on the cheek and pulled the flannel sheet up and over her. She whispered something and promptly fell back into a deep slumber. Jim’s body filled with warmth as he left his room. “I love you too,” he said.
     “Uh, sorry did you say something Pam?” He was in such a trance  from the previous night that he barely caught that she had just asked him something.
     Smiling up from the magazine, she replied, “Is the game that exciting? Looks like a blow-out to me.” She closed the magazine and set it on top of the coffee table. “I asked you what are we doing today.”
     A grin spread over his face. “Well since you slept till 10:30 I thought I would make you brunch for lunch. Then perhaps a trip to the park.” He furrowed his brow deep in thought. “And for the grand finale, you get to pick the movie to watch on pay-per-view and I get to pick the dinner to cook for you.”
     Pam burrowed in closer to him. “I like how you think Halpert.”
     “It’s actually pretty easy. I just think of ways to keep you as close to me as I can.” He smiled down at her, expecting a cute remark in typical Pam Beesly fashion. Instead she impulsively grabbed his hair and drew him down for a kiss. It was long, slow, and warm with undercurrents of a promise of passion. Finally they drew apart. Jim ran a long-fingered hand through her thick mane of curls. “Wow. I am so in love with you.” The words flowed from him and it just felt right. Finally.
     She pecked his lips with one last quick kiss. “I love you too.” A slight blush spread across her cheeks as she smiled up at him. “I think I can get used to saying that.” Finally extracting herself from him and the plush sofa she said, “Think I’m going to take a shower now. I can’t wait for the famous Jim Halpert Saturday brunch lunch.”
     He watched her bounce down the hall to his bedroom only wearing a faded Sixers t-shirt and a pair of his dark blue boxers. Finally ripping his mind off of that beautiful image, he yelled down the hall, “There are clean towels in the closet next to the dresser. And yes I use Pantene!” He heard her laughter as he started to rummage though the fridge for eggs and veggies. Smiling to himself, he got to work making a soon-to-be awesome omlette, making sure to grab one last thing hidden behind a two-liter of grape soda. It was mixed berries after all.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: Nothing is mine.


realitycheck is the author of 12 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked One Less Than Six also liked 2534 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans