- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Just a little something that came to me when I should have been sleeping.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

They decide to take it slow.

 

There is kissing and hand holding and late night talks about movies and music and how maybe they need to stop pranking and find something respectable to be when they grow up.  She rolls her eyes when he comes up with “Professional Kissing Partners” and asks if that includes matching uniforms.  He tells her that until he comes up with a color scheme it’s probably best to go naked.  She blushes, he smiles, and they say goodnight after a prolonged kiss against her front door that leaves them both goofy.

 

They like to kiss.

 

They do it more and more at work because they can.  The break room, the elevator, the stairwell, and even the conference room (after a meeting lets out and he pulls her back by the hand as everyone files out) become places for them to touch and kiss and feel that dull ache in their stomachs.  It’s exciting and frustrating and makes them both extremely silly and forgetful.  It once took her two full hours to realize the phone were still on ‘forward’ after they came back from a lunch hour spent in the back seat of his car.  It took him a week to fill out an expense report because every time she reminded him, he thought of one more place he wanted to take her.

 

They decide to not take it slow.

 

After their seventh date, he walks her to her door and rubs the back of her hand with his thumb.  She thinks about where else she’d like to feel that thumb and trips up the stairs until he catches her around her waist.  When he asks her if she’s okay, she smiles shyly and says it’s really getting hard for her to say goodbye to him at the end of the night.  He says he knows what she means and watches with interest as she slides her hand down his chest and stops at his belt buckle.  As he pulls her to him, she lets her hand travel downward and smiles against his mouth.  His sigh makes her glad she shaved her legs.

 

They are loud.

 

She screams his name when she comes.  After the third night he stays over, her neighbors introduce themselves by saying “You must be Jim.”  It makes him blush a deep hue and causes her to cover her face with her hands, but that’s okay.  She swears to him over lunch that she’s capable of being quieter, but that night his thumb finds just the right spot and his lips find just the right spot and she’s louder then she’s ever been before.  So they go to his apartment for a few nights and by the weekend two of his neighbors just smile as they pass in the hall and say “Hi, Pam.” 

 

They are happy.

 

He surprises her with a four-day weekend in Maine and tells her he feels like an idiot because he can’t stop smiling.  She tells him she feels the same way and thinks she can get used to this.  On their last night, they watch the sun slowly fade as they sit on the beach and she tells him she’s never been so happy.  He says he hasn’t either and pulls out a ring and watches her smile widen and wipes the tears that fall down her face.  As he places the ring on her finger and kisses her until they are out of breath, they know this is it.  This is forever.

 



bitterpill is the author of 26 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 30 members. Members who liked They also liked 3019 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans