- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Title from Point of Extinction a la Motion City Soundtrack, also love. Don't own anything. At all.

So not kidding.

Also, massive amounts of apoligies for the massive amounts of typos in chapter two.
The week began with Pam having to pick and choose what assignments she could do for what class Monday afternoon before work. It seemed that the school year was a peaceful time for Scranton realtors, but they still needed her there from 4 PM to 7 PM every weeknight, and 9 AM to 5 PM Saturdays and Sundays.

Not that she was overly religious, but work sort of made her miss church.

Roy staggered in Monday around 5:30 and noticed Pam still struggling to make her planner match her list of assignments.

"Hey, dork, tell Dad you're bailing and let's go get something to eat." He leaned over the counter with the same sort of smile she imagined a skanky broad would use to score a free drink at a bar.

She opened her mouth to say something, anything - protest, scold him for the name-calling, anything - but nothing came out. Instead, she just bowed her head and returned to her planner.

"C'mon. Pammy? Let's go eat."

"There's...No. I'm busy."

"C'mon, there's no what? No reason for us to stay here?" He reached out to touch her cheek.

"There...There's no "us," Roy." She drew back. She felt guilty for the repulsed look on her face, but frankly, Roy repulsed her.

*

Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty much the same thing. Pam, overloaded with work and homework and thoughts of - she had to stop calling him Mystery Boy - Jim. If she had a spare second, she was using it to learn anything she could about basketball.

Funny, she'd never been pursued before. Now she couldn't pay Roy to leave her alone.

She passed Jim a couple of times in the hallway, but he was always with his teammates, or so she assumed, with a few girls hanging all over the guys. Once or twice she noticed a girl, tall and tanned with dark brown hair, hanging on Jim's arm, but he'd shifted uncomfortably and shrugged sadly in Pam's direction when he noticed her walking past.

*

Thursday, she quit her job. Well, she gave notice, but was informed about an hour later that she could leave, and come back in a week for her last paycheck. Roy's father seemed grateful she stayed as long as she had. "Receptionists don't normally last long here. Can't figure out why, but thanks, Pam," he'd smiled.

*

Friday, getting ready for the game, she wondered if he had actually saved her a seat. She wondered if she should just skip, and catch up on school work. She wondered if he'd even notice her there.

Chapter End Notes:
Yay me!

Yay reviews?


mizjessica08 is the author of 9 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 8 members. Members who liked "Anderson Realty; this is Pam." also liked 441 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans