- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
another last minute idea that sounds too good to turn down....

They'd spent most of the morning locked away in the conference room: Jim, Michael, Pam and their new boss Ryan. Jim had always considered Ryan a bit of a prick, but now that he was in charge of Michael, and by extension - the rest of the Scranton branch, it seemed his true potential as a bastard was shining through. Pam was forced to take page after page of notes on all the little things Ryan wanted to see changed, and Jim thought she looked about as fed up with it all as he felt.

When Ryan left just before one o'clock, Pam gave an audible sign of relief and trudged back to her desk, complaining under her breath. Aware of her stress, Jim immediately felt overwhelmed by the need to do something for her. Something special. Something outrageous, even. He still owed her for her little suprise last week, he remembered, when what started out as a ten minute snack break ended up being a much more satisfying twenty minutes on the roof.


As he sat watching her transcribe the waiting voice mails, an idea hit him, and as crazy as it was he decided to follow it. He brought up a web browser and went to work. When he was happy with the plans he'd made, he plunged ahead before he could change his mind. He sent a few items to the printer, and soon was standing in front of Pam's desk, papers in hand.

You want to grab a little lunch?” He asked.

Yeah, sure. Let me just pull these papers together for Michael to sign later.”

Hey, can you hand me two vacation request forms?”

Two?” She pulled the forms out of a drawer and put them on the counter.

Jim said nothing, instead he leaned over the desk and grabbed one of her pens. Scribbling quickly, filled them both in and then handed one of them back to her. “I need you to sign this.”

Pam glanced at the paper, then looked back up, confusion clearly written on her face. “What are you up to? I wasn't planning on taking tomorrow or Monday off - I'm not sure I have the days to take.”

Doesn't matter. I'll find a way to work it out. I need you to come with me tomorrow.”

She looked suspicious. “Where?”

Sign the form and I'll tell you.”

What if it's some place I don't want to go?” She smiled slightly. “Then that would be two wasted vacation days.”

Nice, thanks,” Jim said sarcastically. “Sign the form, Beesly, or I'll just forge your signature.”

Wow. Lost vacation time and being forced to go against my will?” She picked up her pen and signed her name with a flourish. “I have no idea what I did to deserve you.”

Thank you,” he replied, taking the form back. “I'll let Michael know we'll be out of the office.”

But where are we going?” She persisted.

Jim grinned and handed her the rest of his print outs. “Welcome to fabulous Las Vegas.”



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans