- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

It's over! Sorry you had to wait for the last chapter -- I got a touch of writer's block trying to finish this thing.

Thanks to xoxoxo for her awesome beta skills. Hope you all enjoyed my contribution to the First Date Fics!

What the hell?

Pam woke up and realized she was lying down on a blanket trying to get her bearings. There was sunlight coming through a window and she was wearing a men's blazer with the sleeves rolled up to fit her small arms. And there was a body next to her. She could tell by the scent that it was Jim.

Then she remembered the night before. After getting a bit chilly on the roof, Jim had given her his jacket, but even that couldn't hold off the cold spring night. So they had packed up their picnic, blown out the candles, and headed inside.

"Hey, what constitutes a picnic?" Jim had asked her.

"I dunno. A blanket?"

"That's what I thought," he replied, laying the blanket down on the floor of the annex by the door to the break room.

They ended up talking for several hours, with a little more mixed in along the way, before Pam finally snuggled in next to Jim and fell asleep. She didn't care that she was sleeping on the floor of the office; she just cared about being with him.

Which is why she was slowly waking up next to Jim right now. Just the two of them alone in the office.

"Morning, Jack. Morning, Patty," Creed said as he walked by them toward the break room.

"Morning, Creed," replied the warm body next to her.

She felt Jim sit up behind her and realized that their date was probably coming to an end at this point. On a positive note, Pam realized Jim's voice was sexy and scratchy in the morning. She would have to remember that for later.

"Um, Creed?" Jim said as he helped Pam up. "Why are you here this early?"

"Oh, I slept under Dwayne's desk last night," he replied. "You want some coffee?"

"Um, no thanks. We were just leaving."

He quickly picked up the blanket and grabbed Pam's hand. They walked as fast as they could, barely slowing down to drop the blanket on Jim's desk, before getting to the elevator and waiting. It wasn't until the doors closed that they both started laughing uncontrollably.

"What was that?" Jim asked.

"I don't...I can't even explain it." Pam looked over at him. Her laughter died and was replaced by a shy smile. "I had a great time with you."

"I did, too," he said, pulling their entwined hands up and pressing the back of hers against his warm lips.

They walked out of the building and into the parking lot, hand in hand and squinting at the bright morning sun.

"Hey, I have a question for you," Jim said as they got close to his car.

"A question, huh?" Pam asked. "Does it have to do with Creed?"

"No, it doesn't. It um...you ever go on a date that you didn't want to end?"

"The last time I did that was in high school."

"Oh, Roy, right," he said, shifting his gaze from her face to his shoes.

"Actually, it was before him, but...whatever. I had a curfew back then so I couldn't stay out late even if I had wanted to."

He looked back up at her. "So...um...you don't have a curfew now, do you?"

Pam gave him a flirtatious smile. "No. Are you suggesting something, Mr. Halpert?"

"I was just wondering if you want to have me take you home or if you wanted to go get some breakfast."

"Breakfast sounds good," she replied sweetly.

*** *** ***

"So Dwight thanked me for my service as the secret whatever while Michael was gone!"

"Wow. I can't believe Dwight took such control like that," Jim replied.

"He's actually really a good guy to have around when the chips are down, though."

Jim gave her a skeptical look. "And how would you know that?"

She didn't want to mention sitting in the hallway crying. "Oh. Um...no reason, really."

"Uh...OK. So this is your door?"

"Yeah," she said, motioning towards it with the keys in her hand. "This is me."

Without warning, Jim grabbed her by the waist and pulled her towards him, kissing her long and deliberately. It was almost 12 o'clock in the afternoon and Pam thought this would surely cause a scandal with her neighbors. Then she remembered it wasn't just some guy she was kissing -- it was Jim so she really didn't care about the neighbors. He pulled away slightly and looked at her, his eyes dilated as he tried to regain his breath.

"Um...sorry, I just um..."

"Don't...don't ever be sorry for that," she told him.

His eyebrows shot up a bit, conveying his surprise at this new Beesly standing before him. He chuckled a little, then gave her a shy smile as she returned the same to him. "So, I'll call you later, OK?"

"OK."

He grabbed her hand and wove his fingers through his. "I really have a great time with you."

"Me too."

He smiled. "OK, then, I'll call you?"

"I think you said that already," she said, using Jim's trademark sarcasm against him.

He leaned down and gave her a quick kiss, which she happily returned.

"Alright, I'll see you later."

"Yeah," she said as she watched him bound down the steps to her apartment.

As Pam closed the door behind her, her legs gave out and she slid down the the back of the door, her head dizzy from the past 48 hours with Jim. Finally, she thought, things are looking up.


sharky is the author of 26 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 16 members. Members who liked Date, Interrupted also liked 2390 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans