- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Pam and Jim's daughter Lily Halpert enters her first day care experience. Her loving parents are a little reluctant to let her go, but so is Lily.

Pam knelt down to meet her daughter's eye level. She couldn't really look right into them, as the little girl had pulled her sun hat down, shielding her face. Pam grinned at her. "Come on, Lily! Show me your smile!" Little Lily shyly looked up at her mother and smiled, with a few front teeth missing. Her eyes twinkled, and this made Pam smile. They were the exact same golden hazel as Jim's eyes. Pam pushed her chin up gently with her thumb and looked her in the eyes. "You're going to have a good time at camp, sweetie!" Lily looked a bit doubtful.

Jim stepped out of their SUV and kneeled beside Pam and Lily. "Hey princess, you're going to have loads of fun! Just behave and listen to your teachers. No monkey business." He playfully bopped Lily on her nose with his thumb. As she giggled, her parents got up and went into the car. The second the door slammed , Lily's smile faded. Her eyes got big and wide and she looked as if she was going to start bawling. Pam looked out the window, at her daughter who had never been away from her before, and wondered if she had made a mistake enrolling her. She voiced her fears to Jim as Lily looked frantically between them, silently begging them not to leave.

Jim sighed. "There's no way she'll be ready for kindergarten next year if she's never been away from home before. She needs to be seperated from us."Pam raised an eyebrown doubtfully.

Jim added quickly, "Think of it as a chance to let Lily be Lily. I would love to see her make some new friends." Pam nodded and wiped away a tear. This was as haard for her as it was for Lily. One last time, Pam got out of the car, kissed Lily goodbye and promised her once more, "You'll have fun, you'll make friends, we'll be back soon," and Lily settled a bit. She trusted her parents and Pam and Jim were more than happy to follow through. As they left, Pam wondered, "When am I going to stop being Super Mom?"
Jim chuckled and answered, "Probably around age thirteen."

When the car had gone out of sight, Lily bravely marched over the stone steps and walked toward the house, clutching her Carebears lunch box, her colouring book, and holding onto her hat all the way.  

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you liked it! If you have the time, a review would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)



Awesome_Stargirl is the author of 0 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans