- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I was asked by a few readers to post this back on MTT.  For those who never read it, please enjoy.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

____________________________________________

It had been a late night.  Michael had long ago gone home.  The rest of the gang was slowly leaving the office. Working hard to meet an unexpected deadline for a competitive bid against Office Depot had left the crew drained. This assignment normally would have been a New York job because it was such a large account.  But, because the company in question was in Pennsylvania, the powers-that-be in corporate wanted to show that they were local and thereby could meet the companies needs better than a large conglomerate.  The paper needed would be coming out of the Scranton Branch, so the presentation needed to be the Scranton team. 

It was Friday.  Everyone had put in extra time that day preparing for the presentation Monday so they could enjoy their weekend.

 Accounting had done the multiple spreadsheets of numbers.  Jim and the sales team had went through different presentation ideas.  Everyone had stayed over to put together the one package that could save their jobs and put Dunder Mifflin on a higher echelon of business.  With this account there may come a better office and warehouse, possible raises and bonuses.

Everyone trailed out of the office one by one.  Only Jim and Pam were left to clean up the debris.  Jim hadn't had to stay over, but being with Pam was worth any additional work.  She cleaned out the shredder, made multiple copies of the reports and presentation material.  Jim stayed by her side and helped.  Because the cleaning crew only came on Monday-Thursday, Jim and Pam cleaned up the office.  They both cleared away the pizza boxes and coke cans littered in the break room.  Finally at 11:30, the work was done. 

Jim and Pam had been dating over 3 weeks.  This week had been the most trying with the revelation to the rest of the office of their relationship, Karen's final days in the office and the upcoming presentation.

Jim finished taking the trash down to the warehouse and returned to the office.  All the lights were off, only the small dim lamp at his desk gave the room an ambient feel.  Pam was sitting on the sofa by her desk.  Her eyes looked a little fatigued.  He sat down beside her and reached for her hand.

"You want to get a quick bite to eat?" Jim asked.  She smiled at Jim and shook her head.

"No, not really hungry."  She said and she placed her head on his shoulder. "God, I am so looking forward to July 4th weekend."

"Oh, believe me," he replied teasingly, "I am too."

She punched him in the arm, "I mean to get away from this, but I know what you're talking about.  It's been a while."

Jim wandered if she was talking about what he thought.  He gave her a look of consternation. "A while for what?" he asked.

"Oh you know." She said softly.

"No, I don't know exactly what you are talking about." He said.

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.  It has been a while since I have been with someone...that way."  She said looking at him through half opened eyes.

"Oh, I don't... TMI." He said jokingly.  He thought he had never seen her look so beautiful and relaxed.  Her pink sweater was off and her legs crossed.  Her shoes were off as they had been most of the night. The top buttons of her shirt had come undone and the soft swell of her breasts was apparent.  She stretched back lazily and stared at him.

"What, you went to New York with Karen 3 weeks ago." She said, "So it hasn't been that long for you."

"Nope," he said quickly, "I did not have sex with Karen in New York.  We hit this bar around midnight, I was stressed and tired.  Just couldn't and didn't want to...perform."  He placed his hand on her bare leg and caressed slowly.  He let his eyes follow his hand.

Pam looked at him and half smiled, "Oh, I'd thought." She enjoyed the feel of his hand on her leg.  It was intoxicating. She closed her eyes in pleasure.

"No, my physical relationship with Karen sort of petered out...no pun intended, towards the end."

"God that's definitely TMI." She laughed gently.

"You are honestly looking at a very sexually frustrated man." Jim answered.  "It has been even harder since you and I have gotten together.  That's what she said." Jim gave a quiet laugh, "My electric bill is going to be so low, from the lack of hot water I have used in the shower."

"Then, I guess you really can't wait until July 4th either?" She said placing her hand on his and guiding it up her leg to just above the knee.  Jim gave a little outtake at her sultry behavior.  He felt a little tingle run down his spine to a place far more dangerous. 

"I have X's marked on my desk calendar at home." He laughed softly.  During this conversation they never stopped looking into each other's eyes.  Jim had to remind himself to blink.

"I always wondered what kind of lover you would be, even way back." Pam said gazing at him.

Jim blushed, "I am finding this conversation extremely uncomfortable and there is no shower within this building."

"How old were you when you lost your virginity?" she dared to ask.

Jim saw that she was serious.  He didn't know if it was the time of night or the lack of sleep.  But the sexual tension was jacking up fast.   He leaned back and saw that this topic was here to stay.  He went with the flow.

"I was 16, and it was a woman who lived down the block from my house." He said.

"A woman," she asked, "Not a girl, how old was she?"

"She was about 30, single and I sometimes mowed her lawn." He said smiling.

"Is that what they called it?" Pam teased.

"No, come on.  I had been doing her yard work since I was 11."  He stated.  "I was there one day and it was the typical teen boy fantasy.  It was very hot outside, she invited me in for lemonade and the next thing you know she had her hand on my thigh.  Not unlike yours is right now."

"Ooh, that is so Mrs. Robinson." Pam said and she inched her hand up his thigh slightly.  Jim shook his head.

"You are not going to make this easy on me are you." He asked.

"That's what she said." and Pam gave his thigh a little squeeze.

"Okay, turnabout is fair game.  How old were you.  Please don't tell me it was Roy?" Jim egged.

"Well, no.  But it was the same stereotypical situation.  Prom night, Eddie Roderick in the back of his SUV." She said.

"Eddie Roderick?" Jim grimaced, "What an unfortunate name!  Fast Eddie, the Rod!  Classic."

"He didn't think so.  He thought he was great." Pam said, "I was the last virgin of all my friends and I had this rose-colored glass image of what it would be.  Boy, was I disappointed."

"By the Rod! Oh, his legend will never be the same" Jim said mockingly and he returned his hand to her bare thigh.  Pam gave a small sigh.  She leaned back on the sofa.

"Pam, you have to stop this." Jim said exasperatingly, "A man can only withstand so much."

"I always pictured you to be a great lover." She said and held his hand up.  "You have such large and capable hands."

"This is definitely a side of you I have yet to see and am looking much forward to getting to know." Jim said.  His fingers entwined with hers.

"I do believe that myth too.  About the big hands, and your big feet." She said slyly.  "I feel you when you press up to kiss me at night."

"Oh, God Pam," Jim Blushed.

"Big Jim," Pam tantalized, "That is my new secret name for you."

"Pam, you are very hard to resist when you get like this." Jim said seriously, "Is this what you want?" The last words out of his mouth were so soft that Pam almost didn't hear them.  She looked directly into his eyes.  He seemed to be holding his breath.

Jim stared at her and it took everything in him not to tear off that shirt.  Pam laughed and reached up and pulled Jim's head down.  She kissed him and ran her hand slightly in his shirt, feeling the small patch of hair on his chest.  She slid her tongue in his mouth and grasped her hands in his hair.  Her breath was sweet and she tasted so good.  Jim could feel her breath quicken as he placed his hand on her side, just beside her breast.  His thumb made small circles near her nipples.  He readjusted himself so that he could place his lips on her neck.  He ran his tongue up the side of her neck and skimmed her ear lobe with his teeth.  Pam gave a small moan and he could feel her body go taut against him.  He pulled back and looked at her flushed face.

"Pam, as much as I want to do this right now." He gasped, "I refuse to let the first time we make love be in this office."  She looked up at him dreamily.  She kissed him quickly and sat up.  She readjusted her clothes and kicked on her shoes.

"Your right," she said quickly and gave him a big faraway smile, "Besides there is something we need to do first."  She stood and grabbed her purse.  "Follow me."

Jim took his time standing, before he visually demonstrated her new nickname for him.  She saw him adjust his pants and he gave her a weak smile.  Pam was drunk with power over the things she could make his body do.

"You are a very dangerous woman." Jim said uncomfortably.

Pam took his hand and pulled him to the entrance door.  She locked up and proceeded to lead him to the elevators. 

Once they were outside, Pam headed towards the parking lot, but when Jim made for the car, she grabbed his hand and dragged him to the road entrance.  The sound of traffic and air conditioned filled the air. She positioned him facing out to the road and then she stood directly in front of him.

"Does this look familiar to you Jim." She said tenderly.

Jim knew what she meant and he smiled softly, "Yes, of course."

"For the last year," she said, "I have driven past this spot every weekday and wanted to cry."

Jim reached out and touched her arm.  He looked at her and saw that she had a small tear glistening in one eye.

"I made the most terrible mistake in my life that night," she said, her voice thick with emotion.  "But tonight I'm going to correct that and take the kind of chance you did."

Jim felt his heart starting to melt and he felt his legs go a little weak.

"Jim Halpert," she said softly and locked eyes with him.  She showed emotion in her face that he had never really seen. "I'm in love with you."

Jim was speechless.  It was the first time she had said those word.  He moved towards her, but she stopped him.

"I think it is the right time to say that.  And, you are going to hear it more than once." When Pam was finished talking her eyes glistened with tears.

"I am so in love with you Pam Beesley." Jim replied softly.  He reached out a hand and wiped a tear from her cheek.  "I hope that one day you will let me prove it to you for the rest of my life."

He pulled her to him.  Pam and Jim embraced for a long and passionate kiss.

"Come on Jim, let's go home." Pam said and walked with him to his car.  She turned to make sure her car was locked and turned on the alarm with her key ring.  She threw her purse in his passenger seat and turned to him.  He stared at her for a few minutes.  He could see that her mind was made up and at this point had no intention of changing it.

Jim got in the car and they drove home.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans