- Text Size +

“I don’t know what you think you’re gonna get from this interview.  I’m over it, y’know?  Got a new girl and all that.

 

“Well, yeah, I was upset!  (His face gets red.) That was ten years of our lives that she threw away.  Ten years!  But that white-collar jerk Halpert said ‘I love you’ and suddenly that means nothing, she went running to him!

 

“What does he have that I don’t have, y’know?  I provided for her, I didn’t care if she did her artsy-fartsy stuff, I stayed faithful to her for…nine and a half years.

 

“That was a long time ago, in high school.

 

“Strip clubs don’t count.

 

“Well, at least I wasn’t hanging over my coworker and letting him hang over me for three years!  I think that’s probably worse than sleeping with one chick in high school and looking at a bunch of naked women.

 

“Even if nothing happened before that night, it’s not like she discouraged him.

 “What do you expect me to think, when she takes off running after him as soon as she’s out of my bed!

(Several beeps are heard, and the camera jerks a bit as Roy stands up.  Someone calms him down and gets him seated.) 

“No, I guess it wasn’t quite like that, but she did leave me pretty quick.

 

“Yeah, she packed up and left me.  I noticed that his fancy new job in Stamford didn’t last too long, though.  All of a sudden he’s back at Scranton, and next thing I know, there’s a call from Pam.  ‘Thought you should know that I’ve found someone else.’

 

“I figured it was him.  Asked her, too, but she wouldn’t say.  Which meant that it was.  Prissy office boy.

“Well, no, I didn’t waste any time after that with Angela.  I’d had my eye on her for a while.  Even before Halpert screwed things up with Pam…to be honest, I’d thought about her in bed a time or two. (Pauses.) 

“You’re gonna edit that part out, right?  Angela wouldn’t be too happy to hear that.

 “It is a bit of an adjustment, being with a girl who’s so religious, but I think that I’m managing to thaw her out a bit. (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.) 

 

“She’s great, and I don’t think about Pam too much anymore.  I still can’t believe she chose him over this (Gestures to himself.), but hey, if she can be happy marrying a prissy boy like that, more power to her.

 

“Well, he is.  That’s why I never made a big deal about them being friends, ‘cause I didn’t think a guy like that was a threat.

 

“Yeah, guess I was.

 

“No.  What would I want to be there for?

 

“Sure, whatever.”

(Leaves quickly.)


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans