- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I couldn't resist adding some mindless fluff at the bottom.  Hope no one minds!

“Well, I like to think I helped bring them together. 

 

“In actual fact, I know I did.

 

“Well, I did my job.  Which is to be there for my family, my employees.  Jim confessed that he had left Scranton because of Pam, and since Pam was free—well, I had to get them together, right?

 

“I arranged a ‘work-related’ meeting.  ‘Cooperation between branches’, my ass! 

 

“Well, they wouldn’t even speak to each other at first.  You have to understand, Pam had  been terrible to Jim, and he’d tried to move on.  He just couldn’t deny it, though, he still loved our little Spamster.  And who could blame him?  She does have quite nice br—brains.  Poor Karen just didn’t have a chance.

 

“No…no, the first meeting didn’t do it, so I arranged a few more.

 

“How?  Well, I encouraged my employees, my family, to work harder.  And they worked so well that we absorbed Stamford.  Then Jim and Pam couldn’t help but meet, could they?  I also had them work on several ‘special’ projects together.

 

“Oh, like organizing the supply closet, and finding Italian-import peaches…I don’t think they ever did find those.

 

“Yeah, they couldn’t resist too long.  The Michael Scott Matchmaking Service works every time!

 

“Well, myself and Carol, of course.

 

“There was also Dwight and Angela, though that didn’t work out in the end.

 

“Oh, yuck. No, I had nothing to do with Roy and Angela.

 

“So, yeah…I’m a great matchmaker.”

 

Jim and Pam were allowed to watch this segment and react to it.

 

“Yeah, I guess Michael really did have something to do with our getting together.”

 

“Well, after you got back to Scranton, maybe.  From what you tell me, Call of Duty probably had a bit more to do with the Stamford branch closing!”

 

(Laughing.) Yeah, probably.  Well, whatever it was (taking her hand), I’m grateful.”

 

(Teasingly; they’ve obviously been over this before.) “You don’t think you’d be better off with Karen?”

 

“Nah, I could never love a girl who could beat me in video games.”

 

“What about all the times I beat you in Mario Kart?”

 

Real video games.”

 

“Because you’re such a Call of Duty expert.  I’ve seen the footage.”

 

“Shut up, Beesly.”  (They gaze at each other adoringly.)


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans