- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

III.

After six months of being in Stamford, Jim learns that the Stamford and the Scranton branches are merging.  He's going back to Scranton, back to Pam.  He likes the idea of being in Scranton again.  But being near Pam, after what happened.  He doesn't know.  And now that he's dating Karen...

He took the coward's way out when leaving, he told Michael about his transfer and left.  He didn't see Pam, he just left.  He hasn't seen her since Casino Night.

The day of the merger arrives and Jim's heart is pounding.  He's so nervous, he hasn't been this nervous since high school.  Parking in the Dunder Mifflin parking lot, he sees Pam's little blue Yaris.  It's now or never. 

Through the front doors, in the elevator, second level, down the hallway and he suddenly sees the door.  Just like always, like nothing has changed and yet everything has changed.  

Then he sees her.  And she sees him.

"Hello, my name is Jim..."  She races to him and launches herself into his arms, like she really missed him.  And he feels like home.


Chapter End Notes:

I know I've heard that last line somewhere.  I just can't remember...

You know what to do!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans